FPS POV for future Oculus Rift support?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Tecan

FPS POV for future Oculus Rift support?

Post by Tecan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:58 am

Is their a possibility to move the camera of the player to be a first person perspective to then add oculus rift support? Overgrowth seems like it would be amazing with Oculus Rift and Razer Hydra.

Endoperez

Re: FPS POV for future Oculus Rift support?

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:14 am

Why do you think a game not designed for first-person POV would be amazing with Oculus Rift? Why do you think a game designed for 3rd-person POV and mouse+keyboard control would be better with limited POV and different controls?

I'm not saying it won't happen, but just because it's possible won't make it work well.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:52 am

Happens to be there won't be OR support for Overgrowth, BUT for Receiver instead :)
Devs already have the OR development kit.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:49 am

Overgrowth is being developed as a third-person game and that will probably not change.
That being said, many third-person games work surprisingly well in first person. GTA IV is my favourite example for that. The FPS mod worked so well that I only played the game in that mode. Sadly, the development of the OG first-person mod is on hold right now. And even if it wasn't making it compatible with the Oculus Rift would probably be a bit too much work for a mod developer who is using his free time to create something for the community.
We should totally start a Kickstarter!!!

Noz

Post by Noz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:55 pm

I think limited OR viewing would be kinda cool. Just a dual camera setup to see the character in third person. I don't know if anyone has tried a third person Oculus Rift setup.