Karma system?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
kibaoo

Karma system?

Post by kibaoo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:28 pm

So i do hope this game will be bloody as hell. In fact it should be bloodier as the reality, because this exaggerated brutality would perfect fitting that all in all "strange" housepet-samurai-ninja-beat'em up game.
How ever, i thought about the idea what a cool gameplay feature it would be, when overgrowth has something called a "karma system". I don't know the storyline but what i got from lungaru, its all about revenge and shit. Well, what if turner could choose his path in the end by "finishing" his own objectives in most gruesome or merciful way. I guess this would be of course a perfect addition to the moral A.I.-system overgrowth already has. Turner becomes more fearsome around the Land and nobody, even the civilians don't want to be in his way, if he doesn't show merci with his opponents (Except for example the most badass kung-fu masters don't realy care about fear). On the other hand if he tries to avoid much trouble (by being steathy or just fighting if it is necessary) then it could happen that civilians will be more helpful, aiding turner with weapon supply, taking care of his wounds or going with him on his journey.
And another thing there should be some finishing moves for the poor guys who already got beaten up by turner and just crawling and whining while lying in their own bloodpile. In a fight against a hostile group this would be of course cause some chaos and fear in their minds, maybe some weak enemy are going to escape and call for help rather than fighting turner. You get the picture of "finishiers" if u know "brutal doom: rip and tear mode" or Mortal Combat.

I'm done, what do you think?

Endoperez

Re: Karma system?

Post by Endoperez » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:48 pm

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/03/Alternatives-to-killing

You might be interested in reading that.

kibaoo

Post by kibaoo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:15 pm

So this might be already planed?

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:29 am

kibaoo wrote:So this might be already planed?
Sort of. The general idea, at least, is planned.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:36 am

The answer to that is somewhere between "maybe" and "probably". It was considered 3 years ago, but they've been less open about it afterwards, so who knows...

drako125

Post by drako125 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:16 am

So you mean kind of a mark of the ninja objective style? Sounds kewl