Please help, cant switch weapon to other hand.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
TheEldritchShark

Please help, cant switch weapon to other hand.

Post by TheEldritchShark » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:40 am

Everytime i try to switch weapons with the B key my charsctor does a cool little spin instead of switching my weapon to the other hand, does anyone know how to fix this?

EPR89

Re: Please help, cant switch weapon to other hand.

Post by EPR89 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:52 am

TheEldritchShark wrote:Everytime i try to switch weapons with the B key my charsctor does a cool little spin instead of switching my weapon to the other hand, does anyone know how to fix this?
Download the a200 scripts, copy the section that defines what happens when you press B in the aschar.as file and paste it into the corresponding section of this version's aschar.as.

They have changed the command in this version, probably to test something out. The old script command still works, though.

I'll post the section you have to copy and paste in a jiffy. Just have to find it.
So hang tight!

Here is the section in a201's aschar.as file that teels your character to spin once you hit B. It starts in line 1265:

Code: Select all

if(GetInputPressed(this_mo.controller_id, "b")){
            int8 flags = _ANM_FROM_START;
            if(mirrored_stance){
                flags = flags | _ANM_MIRRORED;
            }
            flags = flags | _ANM_MOBILE;
            //mirrored_stance = !mirrored_stance;
            this_mo.SetAnimation("Data/Animations/r_hitspinright.anm",20.0f,flags);
            this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().SetAnimatedItemID(0, weapon_slots[primary_weapon_slot]);
            in_animation = true;
            //throw_anim = true;
            this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().SetAnimationCallback("void EndAnim()");
            //this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_knifethrowlayer.anm",8.0f,0);
            //this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_painflinch.anm",8.0f,0);
            /*if(sheathed_weapon == -1 && held_weapon != -1) {
                //this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_knifesheathe.anm",8.0f,0);
                this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_swordsheathe.anm",8.0f,0);
            } else if(sheathed_weapon != -1 && held_weapon == -1) {
                this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_knifeunsheathe.anm",8.0f,0);
            }*/
            /*int8 flags = _ANM_FROM_START;
            if(weapon_slots[primary_weapon_slot] != -1) {
                this_mo.SetAnimation("Data/Animations/r_swordsheathe.anm",20.0f,flags);
                this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().SetAnimatedItemID(1, weapon_slots[_sheathed_right]);
            } else if(weapon_slots[primary_weapon_slot] == -1) {
                this_mo.SetAnimation("Data/Animations/r_swordunsheathe.anm",20.0f,flags);
                this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().SetAnimatedItemID(1, weapon_slots[_sheathed_right_sheathe]);
            }
            in_animation = true;
            this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().SetAnimationCallback("void EndAnim()");*/
            //
            //SwapWeaponHands();

//CheckPossibleAttacks();
        }
And here is what you have to replace it with:

if(mirrored_stance){
            }

this_mo.SetAnimation("Data/Animations/w_combatidlewild.anm",20.0f,flags);

in_animation = true;

//this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_knifethrowlayer.anm",8.0f,0);
            //this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_painflinch.anm",8.0f,0);
                //this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_knifesheathe.anm",8.0f,0);
                this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_swordsheathe.anm",8.0f,0);
                this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().AddLayer("Data/Animations/r_knifeunsheathe.anm",8.0f,0);
            }*/
                this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().SetAnimatedItemID(1, weapon_slots[_sheathed_right]);
                this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().SetAnimatedItemID(1, weapon_slots[_sheathed_right_sheathe]);
            }
            in_animation = true;

SwapWeaponHands();

}
Just copy this code and replace the one above with it.

TheEldritchShark

Post by TheEldritchShark » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:13 am

Thank you for the help :3

Waffle Waffleton

Post by Waffle Waffleton » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:13 pm

How do you open on mac?

DemonicTortoise

Post by DemonicTortoise » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 am

It doesn't seem to work on 204, or maybe im just doing something wrong.
I replaced it the top with the bottom and on loading of a map it came up with 2 errors and crashed :x
Know any other ways to swap hand?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:58 am

The only way to change control stuff is by changing the scripts. The problem is, scripts tend to change for every alpha. You copy-pasted something that was made for an older alpha, and that's why it didn't work. I don't have a computer with Overgrowth in it, at the moment, so I can't help you with fixing that bit of script for the newest alpha.

Were you able to fix it yet, or is your game still crashing?

DemonicTortoise

Post by DemonicTortoise » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:01 am

Endoperez wrote:The only way to change control stuff is by changing the scripts. The problem is, scripts tend to change for every alpha. You copy-pasted something that was made for an older alpha, and that's why it didn't work. I don't have a computer with Overgrowth in it, at the moment, so I can't help you with fixing that bit of script for the newest alpha.

I made a copy of the default scripts, its not crashing anymore, but i still can't use swap hands.

last

Post by last » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:38 am

DemonicTortoise wrote:
Endoperez wrote:The only way to change control stuff is by changing the scripts. The problem is, scripts tend to change for every alpha. You copy-pasted something that was made for an older alpha, and that's why it didn't work. I don't have a computer with Overgrowth in it, at the moment, so I can't help you with fixing that bit of script for the newest alpha.

I made a copy of the default scripts, its not crashing anymore, but i still can't use swap hands.
Actually there are only few lines that are important for switching weapon hand.

So you need to replace

int8 flags = _ANM_FROM_START;
            if(mirrored_stance){
            }
            flags = flags | _ANM_MOBILE;
            //mirrored_stance = !mirrored_stance;
            this_mo.SetAnimation("Data/Animations/r_hitspinright.anm",20.0f,flags);
            this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().SetAnimatedItemID(0, weapon_slots[primary_weapon_slot]);
            in_animation = true;
            //throw_anim = true;
            this_mo.rigged_object().anim_client().SetAnimationCallback("void EndAnim()");
            }*/
            }
            in_animation = true;
            //
            //SwapWeaponHands();

With

SwapWeaponHands();
and it works.
So here is the whole function using b key to switch hands.

SwapWeaponHands();
        }

DemonicTortoise

Post by DemonicTortoise » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:48 am

It worked.
Thank you :D

commersrus

Post by commersrus » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:50 am

If anyone reading this is unsure make sure to check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccZYk1f ... e=youtu.be

Greymor

Post by Greymor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:38 pm

I'm not sure if it was because I changed the script to do this, but I now cant seem to be able to sheathe, switch or drop weapons. Is anyone else also having this problem?

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Waffle Waffleton wrote:How do you open on mac?
use text edit

AbeRavenclaw

Post by AbeRavenclaw » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:42 pm

DemonicTortoise wrote:It doesn't seem to work on 204, or maybe im just doing something wrong.
I replaced it the top with the bottom and on loading of a map it came up with 2 errors and crashed :x
Know any other ways to swap hand?
I always do this. If there are two weapons I pick one up then sheathe it then pick the other one up and then if I sheathe that one I can pull that one out then drop it then pull out the first one and its still in the right hand (I don't know if that helps or not)

RPilcrow

Post by RPilcrow » Wed May 20, 2015 10:03 am

in the latest version if you want to swap hands without your character automatically switching back the frame afterwards, you'll also want to ctrl+f SwapWeaponHands(); to find this piece of code in the aschar.as;

if(weapon_slots[primary_weapon_slot] == -1 && weapon_slots[secondary_weapon_slot] != -1){
SwapWeaponHands();
}
which can easily be commented out by putting a /* before the first 'if' and a */ after the last curly brace, OR by putting a pair of slashes in front of each one of those lines (ie, //).

otherwise, you'll only be able to swap hands if you're holding an item in each hand - which makes it impossible to unsheathe more than one weapon or unsheathe anything with something already in your main hand.

items in the offhand don't seem to have any effect though, which is probably why handswapping was commented out in the first place.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:20 pm

i love the spin and i totally loved it when you pressed b multiple times and it start dancing and stuff