Overgrowth Role Play?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
arenter

Re: Overgrowth Role Play?

Post by arenter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Wormwood wrote:
arenter wrote:Hey Lads. Let me join in on the fun :D
Name: Shalam
Species: Rat
Appearance: Dark fur with a black coat and hood.
Build: Looks weak but is strong and powerful.
Personality: Secretive. You cant trust him.
Clothes/Armor: A dark coat is draped over him with a deep hood. Nobody has seen his face, those whop have are dead.
Primary Weapons: A small bent knife.
History: Nobody knows where he came from. Those who could tell are long dead.

Thanks lads. Let me know if I can join :)
I vote no, sorry. Nothing against you, it's just that we have 6 characters, and there are two other roleplays happening on the forums that don't have as many as us.

Also, could you at least do out-of-character posts in green? And did you read through the whole roleplay?

I suppose it is ultimately up to elbomo.
I have tried doing them in green but it hasn't seemed to work, sorry about that. And yes, I did read it all.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:16 pm

arenter wrote:
Wormwood wrote:
arenter wrote:Hey Lads. Let me join in on the fun :D
Name: Shalam
Species: Rat
Appearance: Dark fur with a black coat and hood.
Build: Looks weak but is strong and powerful.
Personality: Secretive. You cant trust him.
Clothes/Armor: A dark coat is draped over him with a deep hood. Nobody has seen his face, those whop have are dead.
Primary Weapons: A small bent knife.
History: Nobody knows where he came from. Those who could tell are long dead.

Thanks lads. Let me know if I can join :)
I vote no, sorry. Nothing against you, it's just that we have 6 characters, and there are two other roleplays happening on the forums that don't have as many as us.

Also, could you at least do out-of-character posts in green? And did you read through the whole roleplay?

I suppose it is ultimately up to elbomo.
I have tried doing them in green but it hasn't seemed to work, sorry about that. And yes, I did read it all.
Sigh. The only reason it could possibly not work is you're doing it wrong.
Simply write normally, then highlight what you want to turn green. Click "font color" and click one of the greens. Really doesn't matter which.

v1zRaven

Post by v1zRaven » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Hello there, is it possible you could let one more character in? I read the whole roleplay so far, and the other roleplay thread on here is a bit dead and unorganized, and this looks like a place for me to roleplay correctly, and to my full abilities.

I already have a character sheet I've been dying to use, and this is the only place right now to put him in play.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Honestly, I've got a good feeling about this particular person. Not sure why. It might be unlikely due to there being so many characters already, but that's Elbomo's decision anyway.

NecroBite
Location: A strange little place called Nowhere in Particular.

Post by NecroBite » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 pm

(Well... That escalated quickly.)
  • Bedlam had been about to answer the rat when something moved in her periphery. Not good. She swore as the group of dogs moved out of the alley, her ears pressing as far back as they would. The first impression: THREAT. The second: DANGER. And she almost listened to her skittish nature, almost turned tail and fled. But instead she stood her ground. If she could fend a few of them off, she might be able to get the rat to safety... But why? Why help the rat? If the dogs were trying to kill him, wasn't it obvious, then, that he had done something wrong? She shook her head, holding her staff in both hands. Dogs were impulsive by nature, loyal to some and savage to others. These were someone's pawns, likely nothing more.

She watched without interest as the dog in the lead gurgled blood and fell, almost before a few words came out of his mouth. He might've just asked the time of day for all it mattered. As two of the dogs thundered toward her, she ducked under one dog's swing and lunged out at his throat with her fist. Hearing a gasp for air, she pulled off to the side. Hopefully, the dog would actually live through it, and she hadn't just crushed his wind-pipe.

Arms wrapped around her mid-section from behind and she struggled for a moment before remembering her staff in her hand and jamming it down onto the dog's foot. Released by a yowling dog, she turned and clubbed the dog over the face with her staff, holding it with both hands as she did so. He was quick to recover, though, and almost before she knew what was happening was upon her with a punch to her stomach.
    Now gasping for air, she moved out of the way as he swung again. Eyes watering and fresh blood on her, she whipped the staff towards him, only to have it caught in his fist. He jerked it and for a moment, she thought he might overpower her. But then she kicked up, managing to knee him in the groin and it was his turn to gasp in pain. Stepping to one side, she levered a fist over his head and brought it knuckles first across his face, grazing his ear and then colliding, knocking him out cold.

Breathing shallowly with one hand on her stomach, she looked up towards the sky as she stopped to catch her breath, then walked over to the dog who she'd punched in the throat. Kneeling next to the unconscious dog, she felt at his throat. Good, he was still breathing. Still alive. Good.
    And then she saw the rat. Swearing, she got up and hurried over to the black rat's side, stepping over the bodies of rats and dogs alike. Sadly, there were only three living souls among those on the ground. Two were dogs. But the third was a rat. And he barely clung to live.
    She leaned over him when she knelt, studying the wound. It was possible, however unlikely, that he could live. But first she would have to stop the bleeding. Now turning to open her bag for the first time since stepping out of the tavern, she fumbled around inside for a few seconds before coming out with a handful of cloth. Her last remaining bandage.

Truly trying to do her best, she removed one of the larger shards with her hands, steadying the others and trying to staunch the bleeding. If she could do that, he might survive. But failing that, she had to get him to someone who could help. Removing another of the large shards, she moved the cloth into the area, pressing it against the wound. She secured her staff into a small hollow between her bag and her back, where there was a notch in the staff and a loop in the bag to hold it.
    And, deciding that this was the best she could do for the moment, she hefted the rat into her arms and hurried northward, where she knew the Outcast camp would be. If she could find the group the rat had talked about, she might be able to save his life.
(Monster! post. 8)
But hopefully not too much.)

v1zRaven

Post by v1zRaven » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Hey again guys, i'm gonna post my character sheet so that Elbomo can approve it, and if you guys don't like it, or don't think I should be in this roleplay, its fine by me. If I don't manage to get in, just ignore this post.

Name: Krieg

Species: Wolf

Appearance: Black fur tinted reddish. Left eye gauged out by a rabbit.
Has long claws and sharp ears.

Build: Tall and muscular, at full length 6"9

Personality: Uniquely smart and clever. Is ashamed of other wolves who are much more savage than him.

Clothes/Armor: Wears leather shorts. His top is a steel breastplate, along with steel gauntlets and shin guards. Has a leather eye patch. Sometimes wears a medium sized backpack.

Primary Weapons: Uses a long spear.

Secondary Weapons: Claws, has an iron short sword.

History: Krieg's mother was killed by a plague at a young age, so his father was the only one to raise him. Krieg and his family were apart of a small clan of wolves who were descended from the smartest wolves on the wolf islands, which meant Krieg had the brute strength of a wolf, but also the intellect and intelligence of a cat. His father taught him how to be a great warrior and how to live off of the land. One day, while Krieg was playing with his friends, a ravenous band of rabbit mercenaries attacked the village, and killed every one of the wolves there. Except Krieg, who now travels the island, accepting assassination and various criminal jobs.

Notes: He hates rabbits. He has been known to eat most of his rabbit kills. Known as a myth in some rabbit villages.

elbomo

Post by elbomo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Approved.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Aw, what the poop! For some reason, elbomo's posts haven't been showing up on my screen since the black rat appeared. From my perspective, Necrobite just totally decided there should be a random rat in the ally. If I'd have known that, I would have taken this a different direction because Mordy would have definately heard the stone fall. Oh, SPF, why have you forsaken me?

No matter, I'll just carry onwards.

Mordy suddenly noticed how badly his forehead was bleeding. Crap, how did I get his so hard? he thought. I'm losing it... He sat down and pulled out a black cloth (yeah, everything he owns is black) and tied it around his head like a headband to squelch the bloodloss.

Standing up again, he mumbled, "Beneath the cliff..." Looking at the stars, he figured it would be a fair few hours before dawn. In the morning, he decided, I head south to the Bloodhounds, and curled up on top of the tower using his pack as a pillow.

So yeah, this means I have to wait a bit in the story. Remember how Dingbatwhirr said if he's gone a while we can take over his character? Jus' sayin', it's been a while. I'm not impatient or anything.

NecroBite

Post by NecroBite » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:33 pm

(That's. . . odd. If you're not seeing elbomo's posts, maybe it would it be better if someone quoted them before responding (or something)? (I don't really know. :| )
Well, it just occurred to me. Bedlam's not quite as likely to just forget about Mordy (as I made it seem, I guess. Foolish me). She could take the rat north to get him aid and then, when she's sure he's being taken care of, head south, thinking that's where Mordy would head. She's really only fooling herself at this point. She knows that she has to repay him.
Would that work? Or should she just continue as she is?)

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:49 pm

NecroBite wrote:(That's. . . odd. If you're not seeing elbomo's posts, maybe it would it be better if someone quoted them before responding (or something)? (I don't really know. :| )
Well, I can see them now (suddenly). That's why it so suprised me.
NecroBite wrote:
Well, it just occurred to me. Bedlam's not quite as likely to just forget about Mordy (as I made it seem, I guess. Foolish me). She could take the rat north to get him aid and then, when she's sure he's being taken care of, head south, thinking that's where Mordy would head. She's really only fooling herself at this point. She knows that she has to repay him.
Would that work? Or should she just continue as she is?)
Funny you say that. I have plans [spoilers] for Mordy to go to the Bloodhounds base. When he gets there, they recognise the smell as Artemis's brother (man, last time that name was mentioned was page 5), and capture him. He'd be in prison when Bedlam comes, so Bedlam would free him, thus repaying the favor.[/spoilers] Should I just have him go to the base now to avoid the risk of Bedlam getting there too early?

NecroBite

Post by NecroBite » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:05 pm

(I was going to wait a little while to see if elbomo would respond, but I figure she's somewhere on the northern edge of the town by now, so I'll start there.
It's probably best if Mordy's somewhere ahead of her. Though I wonder if she really intended the money as a ploy or not. Guess I'll find out.

Also just thinking, since she's not really the best in a fight (passing, I'd think), that she is going to do two things. She's causes a distraction (so Mordy can break free) and then she runs, they meet up somewhere outside the camp and boom, debt paid. In theory, anyway. I may throw something in here and there just to make it more exciting.
Any other ideas?)
Last edited by NecroBite on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Sounds good. So you do want Mordy to head south now? Or in the morning? I'll leave it up to you.
Last edited by Wormwood on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elbomo

Post by elbomo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:40 pm

The black rat coughed, attempting to stay conscious. It was no use. As he slipped into unconsciousness, he gasped, looking up into the trees.

Linnaeus, disguised as the strange, grey, masked creature, sunk back into the shadows of the trees. He ran ahead of the deer and stopped at a tree that the deer would have to pass to get to the Outcast camp. The disguised rat assumed that's where she was going. "Where are you going?" he carved into the tree with his daggers. He tried to come up with a way to get the deer into the camp. As he realized something, he darted back into the trees.

Skrunge sighed, looking around the camp. Some of the rats slept, but others dared not to. Most of them didn't trust the newcomers. Skrunge had brought them here, so they trusted him no more. As the rats passed, they would spit at him. The rat sat down on the cool grass and pulled a flask from his pack, beginning to drink.

NecroBite

Post by NecroBite » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:18 pm

(The Bloodhounds are to the south, though. Is Mordy after the Bloodhounds or Outcasts? :|
I'd say he probably leaves after a cat-nap (irony?) and Bedlam leaves in the morning. Or, she's exhausted, but her gut tells her to head south anyways. (Her gut is good at predicting trouble, isn't it?))

• Bedlam slowed as she came into sight of the trees. And she even stopped for a moment, shifting uneasily in the chill of the night. But she had to move on. If she waited, the rat would be sure to die. And for the umpteenth time, she wondered why she'd decided to do this... Then hastily reminded herself before the thought could go too far. A life, any life, was important. She didn't begrudge the rat the lives he had taken in self-defense, but she was sure that she wasn't going to let a life be lost, even if it had gone down taking others. Nonetheless.

She felt the rat stir, briefly, as she carried him. A cough, a fresh stirring of blood from his wounds and he was unconscious again. Hefting him higher, almost into the strap that crossed over her chest, she continued on, until she saw something strange, heard an almost inaudible movement in the trees. The words 'Where are you going?' were carved into a tree just in front of her. And the carving was fresh. Whoever it was, they weren't far. By the way the knives? had cut into the tree, it had been done quickly and they had left before they could be spotted. It had to have been a rat, then. No other species could be quite so quiet and unnoticed. Well, there were cats, but cats seemed often much to lazy and it was beside the point, anyways. Focus.

Turning slightly off to the side of the tree - in the way she guessed her interloper had gone - she picked up the pace, hurrying while also trying not to jostle the rat too much for fear of him bleeding out while she carried him. It couldn't be too far, could it? And yet she had a horrible feeling welling up inside that whispered dark thoughts in her mind. What if she was too late?
(She might've just turned in the wrong direction. She uses her ears more than her nose. -shrug-
Right, then... This should be interesting.)

elbomo

Post by elbomo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:27 pm

The black rat awoke just long enough to see the carving in the tree. "Masked One..." he mumbled before going unconscious again. He fought to stay awake, flashing in and out of consciousness.

Linnaeus carved in another tree, "Are you looking for the rat camp?" He then ran back into the trees again.

Skrunge looked around, wondering if anymore of the rats would try to kill him. The rat kept himself from sleeping, for fear of someone slitting his throat. He wondered how the others were doing. He couldn't quite pick them out in the crowd of rats.