Starting a roleplay *DEAD*

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Starting a roleplay *DEAD*

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:03 pm

The Map: To the north snowy mountains. To the south are forests the center and west are plains. To the east deserts. little towns and Cities are dotted all over the place, Name them as you wish

The Rules: 1: No power playing
2: Don't be a jerk, respect your fellow rabbit or cat or wolf or dog
3: Make a believable backstory
4: Keep everything in CHRONOLOGICAL (did I spell that right?) order THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO AVOID CONFUSION.
5: Just make a character and HOP IN (See what I did there?)

Character Template:

Name:
Species:
Build:
Personality:
Clothes/Armor:
Primary Weapons:
Secondary Weapons:
History:
Notes:

And your done YOU DO NOT NEED TO ASK.

If your talking as a narrator just type normal, if your talking as a character it should be "blblbblbblblbblblblbl" If your talking about the roleplay just make it *TEXT*

And that's all you need to know.
Last edited by Phoenixwarrior141 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Phoenixwarrior141

Re: Starting a roleplay cause WHY NOT

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:22 pm

My Character (Yes He is copied from another RP but IT DOESN'T MATTER)

Name: Zorro
Species: Rabbit
Appearance: Grey-ish fur with ash all over
Build: Normal for a Rabbit (I don't pay much attention to the rabbits they seem rather bulky)
Personality: Calm, Vengeful
Clothes/Armor: Grey Robe, Black cloth bandage, tan turban
Primary Weapons: 2 Short swords
Secondary Weapons: A dagger
History: Zorro is a Low life thief, Or so they thought, He was orphaned at the age of 5 during a terrible robbery. At the age of 10 he and his contact known only by his alias "Glaive" started robbing nobles, corrupt officials and tyrannous rich people. However 5 years later Glaive gave Zorro misleading information and took the loot for himself, now the two never look at each other while talking and only look at each other in the case of emergency.
Notes: He has a network of spies and corrupt guards that he uses RARELY.
Last edited by Phoenixwarrior141 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mac4701

Post by Mac4701 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Sure why not... I will copy a character also
Name: Brand
Species: Cat
Appearance: Mostly stormy-grey with streaks of white running down his back. Has a nip off of his right ear and a bridged nose from being broken multiple times. Hazel eyes with a black nose.
Build: Lean and fast.
Personality: Likes to keep his hands clean... prefers to use daggers or swords. Hates two handed weapons and dislikes unarmed combat. Smart and reliable, but dangerous and ready to kill when the time arises. Sneaky and likes to "borrow" items from people and rarely ever gets detected. Very effective scout and "infiltrator".
Clothes/Armor: Brown silk pants and black silk shirt under light leather gauntlets, bracers, gloves, and a chest plate. Carries a small money pouch and a light backpack.
Primary Weapon: A rapier handed down from Brand's dad. Never leaves it behind!
Secondary Weapon: A dagger stolen from some foolish dog's house.
History: Brand came from a small trader's village with about 13 buildings, including homes and living quarters. His parents threw him out on the street when he was only 6, to fend for himself and make what money he could. He started out begging and people gave him money and a place to stay at first. Then no one would accept him, so he took to thieving. A few years later he left the village with the money he "earned" and caught a wagon to Marrowton...

Tell me if Marrowton sounds stupid, I can change it.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:35 pm

It's fine
Name ANY TOWN anything just don't change the name of any existing town.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:28 pm

since more people are interested in this thread, I'll participate.
Character Sheet; Skullbor
Species; Brown-Colored Rabbit
Age; 22

History; Soon after his birth, the wife of Skullbor's father left him for reasons unknown, but probably because Skullbor's father is completely insane. At this period of time, Skullbor and his criminally insane father were kicked out of the town, leading to survival in the woods until Skullbor 'left' his father at age 19. What nobody knows is that Skullbor murdered his father, as to succumb to his mentally unstable father's last will: know that he has taught his son well. As anyone would expect, Skullbor's father taught his son what he knew: How to be insane, and to completely ignore the instinct of fear. As a result, Skullbor is a unforgiving composure of insanity, courage and crime.

Appearance and build; Skullbor painted on his face a red skull from his father's blood, but everyone thinks it's plant dye.
About the same build of Bruce Lee, but is mostly misleading.

Personality; Loves cheese, commits crime without hesitation, criminally insane and sometimes dangerously clever. No sense of morale.

Clothes/Armor; Cheese-Stained black and sky-blue tabards, with black leather gloves. Insanity wears no protection.

Primary Weapon; Knife blades tied to the sides of his gloves, to stab and cut.

Secondary Weapon; Teeth, sharpened with a knife and rock., causing some S's that he says to sound like a snake. Usually used for biting the throats of victims who are unaware of his eerie stealth crouch.

iDubbbz

Post by iDubbbz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:34 am

Name: Puddle
Species: Brindle Dog

History: Abandoned as a pup, Puddle was left to fend for himself. He had no one to socialize with and as a result became a hermit.

Appearance and build: His teeth are rotten and falling out. He has the build of a 69 year old who works out everyday.

Personality: Doesn't easily trust others. Hates Cats.

Clothes/Armor: Puddle wears nothing but a rag. The rag covers his genitals. 8)

Primary Weapon: A large bone.

Secondary Weapon: A small sharpened bone. Basically a shank.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:39 am

iDubbbz wrote:Name: Puddle
Species: Brindle Dog

History: Abandoned as a pup, Puddle was left to fend for himself. He had no one to socialize with and as a result became a hermit.

Appearance and build: His teeth are rotten and falling out. He has the build of a 69 year old who works out everyday.

Personality: Doesn't easily trust others. Hates Cats.

Clothes/Armor: Puddle wears nothing but a rag. The rag covers his genitals. 8)

Primary Weapon: A large bone.

Secondary Weapon: A small sharpened bone. Basically a shank.
PUDDLES :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 am

*Oh Fine I'll start us off with my terrible storytelling skills*

Zorro's debut appearances are always short and to the point: He robs a noble, flee and repeat.
But it was never that easy if only the guards would leave him alone and then maybe this would turn out different, Zorro jumped through the window and the room of an inn and then and the ground surrounded by 5 guards. "Give us the Bag and we'll let you go" Said the lead guard, "Why don't you take it?" said Zorro. Then quick as a flash Zorro threw the bag at the lead guard and then ran him through with his swords, stabbed the 2 guards to the left and right, killed the final guard on the right, then slitting the throat of the last fleeing guard before anyone knew what happened to the other 4. Then he ran like Death himself was chasing him through the crowds and jumped up a building and, using his sword as a grabbing post jumped up the building grabbed his sword and then just, disappeared. On the road Zorro met a traveling stranger, "Glaive" Said Zorro, "Zorro" said the stranger, "Here's you cut" said Zorro tossing Glaive a bag of 500 coins "This'll buy me an inn at Morrowton" said Glaive "Morrowton? Where's that? said Zorro "Somewhere out of the desert, there's a cart taking a stowaway and a lot of jewels to Morrowton" said Glaive taking a sip from a canteen "Ugh" Zorro moaned. "Well what's the plan?" Said Glaive "I'll go pay off the caravan worker AND the stowaway to give us the jewels" said Zorro
"What, you don't trust me?" said Glaive
"No I don't"

iDubbbz

Re: Starting a roleplay

Post by iDubbbz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:25 pm

*Splash*

A fish flails on the ground waiting to be ended by Puddle's bone shiv.
"Ugh, not catfish again" said Puddle in a miffed tone.
He grabbed the catfish and repeatedly stabbed it through the head. After the flopping subsided, he threw the fish atop a knee-high mound of catfish carcasses.
"I need real food!" said Puddle as he scratched his flea ridden body.
"We can't keep eating this slop, it's not good for us". He then picked up his shiv and what appeared to be a filthy wad of leather held together by some sort gooey paste with a tuft of dead grass sticking out of it.
"Let's get back home and then we can decide what we're gonna do about food"
Puddle stuck the leather wad in his mouth and ran off into the thick overgrowth of cattails
"God I hate this place" :(

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:49 am

Zorro stopped at a river, He saw traveler down at the river. As he walked down to see who it was Glaive stopped him "You always get distracted we need to get to Morrowton and fast" "Fine" said Zorro. Zorro turned around only to see the stranger disappeared into the cattails, but as he walked back he heard a faint twig breaking sound, followed by faint running "What the...." he murmured "Glaive! you back there?" he yelled "Yeah!" Glaive replied, shortly after a white and grey blur rushed behind Glaive "WHAT WAS THAT?" Glaive yelled "I don't know!" Zorro yelled back.

"But I'll tell you one thing, That was not a wolf!"

Mac4701

Post by Mac4701 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:24 pm

When someone new is speaking you should put it on the next line.
For example:
"Hello."
"Who are you?"
"I am your brother."

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Mac4701 wrote:When someone new is speaking you should put it on the next line.
For example:
"Hello."
"Who are you?"
"I am your brother."
I was gonna just leave it alone, but since someone else brought it up, I'll reinforce it.
Your post, phoenix, was nearly unreadable. It was impossible to tell who was speaking until after the sentence is over, which is just ridiculous.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:01 pm

AmorphousGamer wrote:
Mac4701 wrote:When someone new is speaking you should put it on the next line.
For example:
"Hello."
"Who are you?"
"I am your brother."
I was gonna just leave it alone, but since someone else brought it up, I'll reinforce it.
Your post, phoenix, was nearly unreadable. It was impossible to tell who was speaking until after the sentence is over, which is just ridiculous.
Thanks for the note I'll be sure to use this later on 8)

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Skullbor
His shoes trampled and almost even tripped across the freshly laid corpse, while the treasures in his pack jingled. Skullbor silently cursed, then wiped off the blood from his fist-knives. Staring at the fresh produce, meat and clothing in the unknown dog's house, he no longer cared about its owners life. Which is why he was stabbed into the neck, then cut out his innards to spell the big letter 'S'.
Insanity at it's finest, and nobody knew. The blood on his teeth and hands will never be seen from a fresh pair of eyes. Even then, the owner of those eyes will get cut and killed in a matter of seconds. His great work won't ever be noticed, yet Skullbor couldn't care less. If anything, it's good that his work won't be shared with any peers or colleagues, as that will just lead to a higher body count.
Almost everything in the house was stolen and emptied. The only things not stolen were useless things, like chunks of charcoal, brooms and pots. Everything else was stolen, and to be sold. As a result, Skullbor left the isolated cabin, and back into the forest. In front of him was a rock road, with a dirt branch coming off. As of always, he did not forget to clean the blood off his clothes.
He did this by washing the bloodied area, then dampening cheese crumbs onto it to further conceal any red stain. This process had already been completed, so it was time to head off, to look for someone to buy these stolen goods.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Zorro, utterly confused on what to do, decides to run before the blur kills him and Glaive
I'm gonna try what some people have been telling me to do and not say who said what and instead add hints in the sentences tell me what you think!
"Zorro!"
"Yeah?
'You okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine"
"Well come on! we need to leave!"
Zorro runs about 20 feet only for the blur to stop him again
"Glaive what is this thing?"
The blur runs just behind Glaive
"I don't know, but I think it's a rabbi-"
Just before Glaive can finish his sentence the now visible rabbit pounced on Glaive who then pushes him off and they begin to fight each other, Zorro rushes to the aid of his comrade, then mantled the cart, knocking it over then tackling the assassin and, to prevent his escape stabbed him in his leg and left the sword stuck in the rocky road
"UGGGGHHHH MY LEG!!! OH GOD IT HURTS"
Zorro did little more than kick the assassin in the throat to shut him up for a while
but now: Why was he here? Who was he? Zorro derived quickly that he was a mercenary but from where?
Zorro put his dagger to the assassin's throat and spoke in one word
"Where?"
"What?"
"Where"
"I won't tell you"
Zorro then took his other short sword and stabbed the assassin's right arm, then pulled the assassin to his left ripping flesh in his leg and arm.
"AAAARRRRGHHHHHHH.......Okay, I'll yell you...Morrowton...some noble....Told us to...attack the travelers...That came down this path......."
"Where?"
"The...the boss is in.......some HQ in the towers he uses the caravans to....communicate"
"Good"
Zorro removed his swords and using some decently strong rope tied the assassin's hands together and tied his neck to the back of the caravan and they continued and on their merry way.
Last edited by Phoenixwarrior141 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.