Messed up knife catching.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
DaynjaDog

Messed up knife catching.

Post by DaynjaDog » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:00 pm

The AI catch the knives WAY too often. I think the idea of catching knives is silly anyway, because I've never seen someone do it let alone on a TV screen. It's super unrealistic and the AI are catching the knives about 90% of the time.

And why don't you give AI the ability to leg cannon, jump or throw knives?

jmc1999

Re: Messed up knife catching.

Post by jmc1999 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:52 pm

You have to take into account that these are martial artist rabbits with extremely high agility.

valentinbk

Post by valentinbk » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:04 am

I said it before and Ill say it again - Id cancel the knife catching altogether, its just ridiculous. The way to avoid a thrown knife should be dodging (a bit risky though) and blocking unarmed (shouldnt always work and should leave a small cut if you were unarmed).

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:21 am

i completely agree that knife catching shouldn't really happen.
It would be fine to just parry the flying knife with some weapon if you can, and then you could pick it up from the ground, it'll most likely fall closer to you than the enemy, so you can still steal it. No need for the matrix-ish catch.

Horsesense

Post by Horsesense » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:09 pm

Well on the the OP said that the Ai cant leg cannon you.....
Well they can if they are jumping off at a ledge at you,also i believe the knife catching is in the game for mainly balance so you cant just go :
Throw,miss pick up knife
Throw,hit ,pick up knife etc...
and so it adds an element of risk so by throwing the knife you are gambling an insta kill for :
Lowered Attack (no knife)
Lowered Defence (no knife)
Lowered Defence again if you are fighting multiple enemy's as you have to complete the throwing animation leaving you open to attacks

Advance123

Post by Advance123 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:18 pm

So enemies catching knives is OP and the alternative throwing an almost insta-kill attack isn't?

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:07 pm

i like the knife throwing as it is, as a stealthy method of taking out enemies from behind. as jmc1999 said these rabbits are friggin ninjas so catching a knife shouldnt be much of a problem :P
if they catches the knife and now end up with a weapon against you who now got no weapon then thats a punishment for your own faults. doing reckless stuff in a fast paced game like this will get you easier killed.
what they can do to make knife throwing better than it is is by making less accurate at longer range, or make the aiming manual. if manual then to hit target at long range you gotta aim upwards, if manual then bows and arrows will also be viable as it currently isnt because of the auto aim.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:22 pm

What if, instead of making it a 90% chance of catching, be it a 90-70% chance of an unsuccessful hit? (Just hits the character, but doesn't stab him) So then it can grab it and attack you with it, would also make the throwing a last resort move.