Need a suggestion

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
faizanch

Need a suggestion

Post by faizanch » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Hello all,

Pretty new here. So I bought the Overgrowth pre-order and tried playing it. The FPS rate is usually fine, with 1v1 fights. As soon as theres more than one enemy though, the FPS drops drastically. The odd thing is though it doesn't drop to a constantly low FPS. Sometimes it's fine, has a spike and then it's okay again. The spikes get worse and worse the longer the has been running. I tried reducing all the graphical values from the config file. Another thing is the FPS is absolutly fine all the time in slow motion mode.My PC can run a lot of games on decent settings. Dark Souls on low to medium settings at a decent FPS. Vindictus (For any who know what it is) runs at the highest possible settings. Should I just forget trying to play it on these specs or is there anything I can do?

My Specs:
Asus K53T laptop
Quad core 1.4 GHz cpu almost always overclocked to 2.2. (AMD A6-3400M)
ATI Radeon Crossfire graphics [AMD Radeon HD 6650M and AMD Radeon HD 6520G]
4 GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Parco Folgore

Re: Need a suggestion

Post by Parco Folgore » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm

it starts dropping once there are more enemies? might be ur cpu then thats too weak then. 1,4 Ghz isnt that much. have you tried giving the game higher priority in the windows task manager?

faizanch

Post by faizanch » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:39 pm

That's what I thought too, but I'm pretty much always running it overclocked to 2.2 - 2.4. I don't think CPU's a problem :/.

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:33 pm

how old is your computer anyway? might be faulty ram, that its starting to wear down, that its simply not capable anymore to process information as good as its supposed to / transfer the data fast enough, but i dont think so because that would normally cause blue screen.
neither do i think its because of the graphic card as you dont lagg already from the start.
back to the question, how old is your computer? and how long have you been overclocking it? overclocking reduces the living time of the hardware alot, so it might have gone down in efficiency over time, if the computer is fairly new this shouldnt be a problem.
overgrowth is still in alpha so the game probably hasnt been fully optimized yet, so slower systems might not be able to runt he game as efficient as other systems. my old computer with 3ghz dual core had the same problem when facing 5 or more enemies in combat.
the reason i believe its your cpu is because you dont lagg when in slowmo, when in slowmo the cpu has alot more time to do calculations. have you tried viewing the task manager while playing to see how much of the computers processes/memory the game takes? that might give a clarification for what might be the cause.