A More Professional OGRP

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
TheLoneBunghole

Re: A More Professional OGRP

Post by TheLoneBunghole » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Zelukes twitched his ears at the sound of the newcomer, lifting his eyes away from the half-empty mug in front of him to regard the large dog, his eyes lighting up at the prospect of some company, "Rarely are dogs so eager to chat, friend." He spoke, his accent adding a delightful tinge of the exotic to his persona, "Doubly so with strangers -- a rat no less." He'd pause for a moment, lifting the ale to his snout and downing some more of the sweet ale. The rat cocked his head to the side some before continuing, "Before I divulge that, though, perhaps you'll give me your name, as simply 'Sir Dog' sounds a bit rude to mine ears."

I like to imagine him as a bit sing-songy.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Although they had just met, Dain liked this rat. He wasn't sure why, but this stranger just didn't give off the air of the rats in this city.
"My name is Dain," replied the large dog. "What is your name, friend?"

TheLoneBunghole

Post by TheLoneBunghole » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:02 pm

"Zelukes. Fair greetings to you, Dain." He'd lean across the table, offering the dog his paw for a shake, "Though, I am certain I've heard the name several times already. You must be a figure of some stature in these parts." The rat deduced with some speed, "Assuming, of course ye are the very same Dain."

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:09 pm

Dain smiled at the rat across from him. "Assuming you were hearing about the champion of the arena, why yes. That would be me. In fact I'm scheduled for a fight fairly soon, and I'm just trying to kill time until then."
At this time, the serving lady came back, two drinks in hand. More ale for Zelukes, and mead for Dain. He frequented the inns, so the staff knew Dain preferred mead over ale or cider.
"Is there anything else I can do for you?" asked the serving lady.
"I think we'll be okay for a while. Thanks," Dain replied, and she walked off. "So, enough about me. Where are you from, Zelukes?"

TheLoneBunghole

Post by TheLoneBunghole » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:37 pm

"From?" Zelukes would lean back in his seat, pondering the question for a moment, "Ah, well, that's a long story, certainly." Another gulp of ale, finishing off his first mug, "However, you mentioned a fight? Of course, that's where I heard the name. I'm fighting just after you. Small world, eh? Well, small world 'round these parts, anyway."

The rat leaned forward in his seat again, rubbing his paws together, "As for. . . Where from, just now I'm from the Swamp in the South, but I've seen a great deal of this land." He explained in summary, "If that satisfies you," He paused, taking a puff from his pipe, the heavenly smoke filling Dain's nose, "why don't you tell me more 'bout yerself, eh? I pride meself on knowing all the big names."
Last edited by TheLoneBunghole on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lesley64

Post by lesley64 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:30 am

In the beginning of the RP, I had a different idea about Aela. In the first moment, her objective was to find people capable of helping her to defeat Aeinn, but now I see this don’t make any sense, changing this object to, for now, survival. Survive in any way she can, since her comfortable life in Valeden no more exist. For that to work, I changed little things in my last post in a way that her walk to the slums is justified by she thinking that Dain could have bad intentions following Ferlslow. With that cleared up, back to the story.

The hands of Aela were shaking with fear, while holding the daggers. If seeing a wolf is already almost unbelievable, try to fight with one could be considered the craziness of the day. Calm down Aela, calm down, she thinks, breathing deeply. She looks to the poor surroundings and try to sneak through the corner, with hope to approach the creature undetected, but, to her surprise, the street was empty.
"Damn! I lost him!" She grumbles and sits on the ground, leaning her back in a wooden fence. The strangest thing about this all it's that, in the little time I saw him, he was just walking, almost stopped. Like if he was admiring something. A wolf planning to attack wouldn't be running or in position to do so?! , Aela thinks, passing a hand in her neck.
“Hope it’s just a misunderstanding. This and my concerns for the rat without a tail, of which I'm giving up.” She says to herself while sheathing her weapons. After doing a second look around, Aela come back to the central part of the city, near the door of the arena. She sit down in some crates that were in the shadow to have some peace while the fights don't begin. Maybe some gold too... Who knows?

nights192

Post by nights192 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:15 pm

This looks kind of/sort of interesting. Is it too late to join?

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:31 pm

"There's not really much to know," Dain said. "I was born in Morlyn, to a family of farmers. I decided one day to come up here and compete in the arena, and I ended up getting a good bit of money. I stayed in the inns for a while until I had the money to buy a house." He paused for a moment, took a drink, and continued. "I considered going back to Morlyn and seeing how things are with my family, but I assume if they want anything to do with me they'll come here. I don't think they really need me back there anyway."
He sat silently for a moment, seemingly lost in thoughts.

Also, it's never too late to join in. Toss down a character sheet.

TheLoneBunghole

Post by TheLoneBunghole » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Zelukes smiled, reminiscing some at the thought of family, but he wouldn't address that, "And what are your plans, then? Do you have a dream, maybe? Or do you intend on simply fighting until you die of old-age or are felled in combat?" The rat had taken on a far more curious tone.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:06 am

Dain thought on this question for a moment. "I have grown a bit restless," he admitted. "My life here is steady, but it's become a bit boring. It would certainly be nice to experience something new, but I'm not entirely sure what. What about you? What's your plan?"

TheLoneBunghole

Post by TheLoneBunghole » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:03 pm

"Meself? I'll be on the road North within the fortnight, methinks." Zelukes wraps his paw around his second drink, lifting it to his mouth for a sip, "Unless something unexpected were't come up. I believe I'll try and find some work, refill my coffers, as it were." The rat chuckled a bit before staring back across the table at Dain, "You look like the able sort, Dain," Not a question, or even with a light tone, a bare statement, "If ye have yer eyes outside 'o this city, I'd be more than amiable to ye comin' along." He'd chuckle again, lightening up significantly, "Besides. Who wouldn't want to be seen with 'The Champion of Prybush' with 'em, eh?"

nights192

Post by nights192 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Name: Valence Byrn (Used this first name before. Hard to come by good names.)

Race: Rabbit

Physical Description: Valence possesses about him a lean and hungry look, pale, unkempt fur contrasting with bloodshot eyes, so full in their brownness as to produce an almost Stygian impression in most lighting conditions. Despite his malnourished appearance, his immense height and spindly limbs lend themselves to an edgy aura, further enhanced by a near-constant hunch to his posture.

Equipment (armor, weapons, tools, etc): He possesses a shiv, a few torn pieces of bread, and cloths far more elegant than his apparent social status permits, with pieces of leather sewn together onto them in order to form some semblance of concealed leather armor.

Personality: Valence Byrn is a callous creature who acts off rash and impulsive desire more than a cohesive effort. Despite this, he has a penchant for glibness, and intermittently shows a concern for his surroundings. He is prone to violent mood swings, and is, in general, unpredictable.

Backstory: He hails from Westlea, born from an impoverished family that resided in the sprawling slums of the city. At the age of 17, he reported his father after he stole a loaf of bread from a nearby eatery that was frequented by the local aristocracy. He left his family to their impending execution, and fled the city with his compensation. As of recent, he has been under official scrutiny on suspicion of several accounts of murder. Though no damning evidence has been uncovered, time will tell if his case holds. (Sorry for the rather poor quality of the writing; the forum ate my original post.)

Ogaito

Post by Ogaito » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:49 am

I'm on school vacation and i won't be posting new stuff for a while. For now, just consider Toreth as doing random and unimportant stuff around the city, but don't delete him out of the roleplay, thank you.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:12 am

"You know what? I'll have to take you up on that offer. Do you have any particular plan?" Dain asked, leaning forward. "I've not thought much about the rest of the world."

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:07 pm

I tried so hard not to post this, but I suppose I've become a troll on these forums...

Professional RP?

Didn't know it was so easy to make money... I usually have to work at a sheetmetal shop to do that...

Anyway, on a more serious note; RP away!

Also since I'm to lazy to post twice:

LOVE YA WOLFIRE & FANS!

Great new comic stuff, I'm diggin' it.