SymLinking between Linux and Windows

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

SymLinking between Linux and Windows

Post by Jaz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:24 pm

I want to symlink between Linux and Windows. I already know how to do so for Steam games, and I want to only symlink data folders, not executables.

But I was just wondering if the SUMLauncher will detect data folders present and only download the executable file, if I symlink first, then download OG through the SUMLauncher.(I don't really want to end up downloading the game twice just to get the executable file, when I already have the majority of data)

Basically, does SUMLauncher actually have a detection feature, for if files are already present, so that it only downloads the remaining required files?

last

Re: SymLinking between Linux and Windows

Post by last » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:29 am

It probably don't have file detection system anymore, like it had when it was called main menu mod.
I am sure that SUM launcher now downloads file packages that are created by Anton. And i am sure that wen you use SUM launcher as game installer tool then it downloads the same .zip file that you can download with .torrent or directly from the wolfire server.
Same goes with updating, SUM downloads just changes .zip from the server and then automatically extracts it.

jaggerlink

Re: SymLinking between Linux and Windows

Post by jaggerlink » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:17 pm

The SUMLauncher cannot detect existing files for the core game, as they come as .zip files, like last said. However if you link up the Data folders correctly the Community Content Browser items should work correctly. I'm curious to see what your results would be.