Most Successful Gladiator

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
harelori

Most Successful Gladiator

Post by harelori » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:40 am

More information:
  • the record holder bunny has the name of the current record holder on it, when the current record will be broken, the name written in the picture will change.
    Fans gained, total fan base and skill assessment will be taken into consideration (the higher the better).
    for example if someone were to entertain as much percent as the current record holder, yet his skill assessment / total fan base / gained fans were higher, he will become the new record holder.
Last edited by harelori on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AmorphousGamer

Re: Most Successful Gladiator

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:24 am

I'm fairly certain I've gotten 100% a couple times. Basically, the fights just have to last forever and be filled with fighting constantly. The easiest one to do it in is the 4 person free for all unarmed fights. If each person wins a round, that's pretty much the maximum amount of time you're ever going to spend fighting in one match in the arena. That's your best shot.

GeometricJellyfish

Post by GeometricJellyfish » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:24 am

Interesting but have you gotten so far that the rabbits fill half the arena because they're so big?
They derp out and it's hilarious.
That's at skill level 150+

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:00 pm

We know you are trying to do something good gere, but you are just doing many things wrong too.

The bunny warrior image is made by somebody else and Harelori blatantly Edited his own name all over it WITHOUT permission from the original creator, also he doesn't credit the original creator at all from the artwork.

Suggestion, you either change the image to the original which already has creator's name on it and put the name of the winner under or on top of the image! or you put the artist's name somewhere in the post.

Also cheating in this contest is easy anyways, you could just change your own parameters to be like a god or pressing f button for instantkill.
Last edited by Saedz on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lee

Post by lee » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Obviously this won't be indexed by google because SPF, but the original is at http://tayiawing.deviantart.com/art/war ... -136249881 ... and, Comic Sans? Really? For that alone the death penalty is appropriate.

Stealing art in a community full of artists is about as stupid as they come.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:34 pm

lee wrote:Obviously this won't be indexed by google because SPF, but the original is at http://tayiawing.deviantart.com/art/war ... -136249881 ... and, Comic Sans? Really? For that alone the death penalty is appropriate.

Stealing art in a community full of artists is about as stupid as they come.
So much this. I demand that you edit the post and put in the original picture, including the source somewhere within the post, or get rid of the picture entirely. Blatantly stealing shit is . . . well, just not cool at all.

harelori

Post by harelori » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:09 pm

There is a common misunderstanding here.
I did not claim the picture to be mine, the name of the record holder shall be written on the picture, also, if anyone wants the source it was already commented here, so no problems whatsoever.
In addition, AmorphousGamer for example. This is the guy that created your profile picture http://tidusflame1.deviantart.com/art/Flower-384190906
Yet you didn't credit him, going by your logic you are considered a thief and a person that is not cool at all.
Also, you MUST edit your signature with the original picture link, so people can't you did not create it.
Besides, you're stealing art in a community full of artists, which apparently makes you stupid (apparently people on the forum found a way to define if one is smart / dumb. It's simple - if he posts art that isn't his => he's dumb, if not => Einstein.
You may also say that Wolfire is "stealing" from mother nature, by using animals in games, what a terrible sin.
I however do not believe what Wolfire is doing is wrong.

lee

Post by lee » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:05 pm

harelori wrote:I did not claim the picture to be mine
You have clumsily stamped your name on the picture, in several places, 'watermark' style, which is usually used to indicate ownership. If anything it makes it more insulting to the original artist, who can't even see this blatant theft of their art as it's in a non-public forum.

Besides which, it appears to be a moogle, which isn't even Overgrowth related.

This is in addition to Saedz's points above. I would suggest you remove the image before it is removed for you.

AggressiveRabbit

Post by AggressiveRabbit » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:09 pm

It's technically fair use. Though writing your name all over it is bad form. But he makes a good point about icon art. I don't own mine, which is a cropped part of some fan art that I like.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:18 pm

harelori wrote: In addition, AmorphousGamer for example. This is the guy that created your profile picture http://tidusflame1.deviantart.com/art/Flower-384190906
LOL
TidusFlame1, the person who created my profile picture, is my BROTHER. He sent me the picture over Skype before ever uploading it to DeviantArt. Please do your research before accusing people of theft.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Welp, so much effort and then shit hits the fan.
This is the prime example of dissapointment, everyone.

pumpernickel

Post by pumpernickel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Yeah, cheating 100% entertained crowd is too easy indeed. In addition to what was already mentioned you can raise the entertainment level easily by reviving ('x') a couple of times in a 2vs2 or battle-royale fight. Also, how hard is it to change the number to '100' in gimp or photoshop? ^^
Challenge rejected :p

Btw I too think the 'price' picture needs to be something custom made, what is it with that art-ripping everywhere? Eg get a nice turner pose in blender, mark the desired edges and configure freestyle properly to give you the right look, that way you'll even learn something useful ;¬)

lee

Post by lee » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:35 am

pumpernickel wrote:Btw I too think the 'price' picture needs to be something custom made, what is it with that art-ripping everywhere? Eg get a nice turner pose in blender, mark the desired edges and configure freestyle properly to give you the right look, that way you'll even learn something useful ;¬)
You could do a "Buddy Turner" pose (see Dogma), maybe with a highly reflective gold skin, and a little plinth...

harelori

Post by harelori » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:42 pm

well guys, I am happy that you appreciate me working my @5s off to create a nice challenge, and people don't even bother to try, or at the very least appreciate my effort (took me two hours to think about the challenge, find the record holder bunny and photoshop the scroll).
Of course, we can cheat- but where is the fun in that?
I was counting on the community to not cheat, have a fair battle and upload it.

AggressiveRabbit

Post by AggressiveRabbit » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:37 pm

I'm sure it was an absolutely grueling task.