Another two questions

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
leontas2007

Another two questions

Post by leontas2007 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:08 am

I was reading the overgrowth wiki but didn't found an anwer again.

The first question is how to create paths for npc to make them patrol a territory? I knew that I have to press cmd and left click to spawn sphere then again cmd left click to spawn another and then with alt to link the paths. But now when I press cmd+left click it just spawn an empty box and I can't do anything with it

and the second question:
well I am running tha game on OSX and when I grab them I can't choke them since the mouse has only one button! So....how can I choke them?

Well thanks in advance and sorry for the stupid questions :roll:

AmorphousGamer

Re: Another two questions

Post by AmorphousGamer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:24 am

leontas2007 wrote: and the second question:
well I am running tha game on OSX and when I grab them I can't choke them since the mouse has only one button! So....how can I choke them?
I'm not sure why you would ever use a single-button mouse nor what operating system could possibly have to do with that, but you don't need two buttons to choke someone. You just grab them and hold them there until they fall limp. That's all it takes.

leontas2007

Post by leontas2007 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:31 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:
I'm not sure why you would ever use a single-button mouse nor what operating system could possibly have to do with that, but you don't need two buttons to choke someone. You just grab them and hold them there until they fall limp. That's all it takes.
Mac has a one mouse button, but I thought that to choke someone I had to press the left click while holding the right. My bad then :D.

EDIT: But still....I can't cut their throats

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:56 pm

leontas2007 wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:
Mac has a one mouse button, but I thought that to choke someone I had to press the left click while holding the right. My bad then :D.
I really don't think your operating system has anything to do with that. You can use a two-button mouse with Macs and as far as I know most people do.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Yes, but he only has a one-button mouse.
You can do this by pressing Right Shift, but otherwise that's your only way.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:18 am

Timbles wrote:Yes, but he only has a one-button mouse.
Yes, I understand that. See
AmorphousGamer wrote:

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:19 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:but you don't need two buttons to choke someone. You just grab them and hold them there until they fall limp. That's all it takes.
[/quote]
You actually do. The one button is used for attacking, not both.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:41 am

Timbles wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:but you don't need two buttons to choke someone. You just grab them and hold them there until they fall limp. That's all it takes.
You actually do. The one button is used for attacking, not both.
. . . sigh
The person can obviously already grab someone, so obviously he doesn't need two buttons to choke someone. If you can grab them, you can choke them, because when they are grabbed they are already actively being choked.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:58 am

Leontas wrote:grab
Oh hey, that word existed.
Also, you're not a tard wrangler, you don't need to sigh at me as if I'm some kind of idiot.