Kill Downed Enemies?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Kill Downed Enemies?

Post by Dammasta » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:34 pm

For us blood thirsty, no mercy types, will there be a way to kill an unconscious enemy? I remember in Lagaru being able to stab them with knives or swords or smack them with poles… So add it to Overgrowth? Maybe add an unarmed version as well, like being able to stomp their heads GTA style and kick their bodies.

Peruraptor

Re: Kill Downed Enemies?

Post by Peruraptor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:03 pm

You can kill them now if you drag them off of a fairly large drop.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:23 am

Yeah, but that is not evil enough.

Dammasta

Post by Dammasta » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:58 am

Peruraptor wrote:You can kill them now if you drag them off of a fairly large drop.
True, but there's also a risk of you falling as well… And not all levels have a large drop to pull them off of.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Dammasta wrote:
Peruraptor wrote:You can kill them now if you drag them off of a fairly large drop.
True, but there's also a risk of you falling as well… And not all levels have a large drop to pull them off of.
There's always the F key, that's pretty evil.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:46 pm

But what is there for the roleplay-loving types? The F key just doesn't cut it for in-character actions when you're trying to act out the humble merchant out for bloody revenge.

Dammasta

Post by Dammasta » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Peruraptor wrote:
Dammasta wrote:
There's always the F key, that's pretty evil.
Yes, but I'm pretty sure that the F key won't be in the final version of the game… Isn't it just a neat little thing for us Preorders to play with?

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:43 am

Dammasta wrote:Yes, but I'm pretty sure that the F key won't be in the final version of the game… Isn't it just a neat little thing for us Preorders to play with?
Nah. Little known fact, all rabbits can shoot deadly lasers out of their eyes. You just have to piss them off enough.

Dammasta

Post by Dammasta » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:47 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:
Dammasta wrote:Yes, but I'm pretty sure that the F key won't be in the final version of the game… Isn't it just a neat little thing for us Preorders to play with?
Nah. Little known fact, all rabbits can shoot deadly lasers out of their eyes. You just have to piss them off enough.
That explains what happened to my friend yesterday in the woods...

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Dammasta wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:
That could explain that I'm blind...

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Dammasta wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:Nah. Little known fact, all rabbits can shoot deadly lasers out of their eyes. You just have to piss them off enough.
What the hell was your friend doing to the bunnies to piss them off that much? Throwing rocks at them?

Dammasta

Post by Dammasta » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 am

Timbles wrote:
Dammasta wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:Nah. Little known fact, all rabbits can shoot deadly lasers out of their eyes. You just have to piss them off enough.
What the hell was your friend doing to the bunnies to piss them off that much? Throwing rocks at them?
You don't wanna know...

Squalo

Post by Squalo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:19 pm

Actually, there is a way to kinda execute them.
While you're standing on top of an unconscious body on the ground, you can jump up and roll right before you're about to hit the body. The force of your character's body landing on the unconscious one should be enough to hear that satisfying crack. This might take a couple tries at first.

It sounds pretty silly, but it's the closest we're going to get to executing unconscious enemies. :)

Of course, you wouldn't want to snap your own neck while trying to perform this move. Just make sure you land on your back and the body should act like a cushion.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Squalo wrote:Actually, there is a way to kinda execute them.
While you're standing on top of an unconscious body on the ground, you can jump up and roll right before you're about to hit the body. The force of your character's body landing on the unconscious one should be enough to hear that satisfying crack. This might take a couple tries at first.

It sounds pretty silly, but it's the closest we're going to get to executing unconscious enemies. :)

Of course, you wouldn't want to snap your own neck while trying to perform this move. Just make sure you land on your back and the body should act like a cushion.
It's like flopping onto the enemy over and over with a bodyslam.

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:35 am

Yeah its actually true that bunnies turn into demons once you kill some of them, everyone who played shadow warrior knows that