Unofficial Overgrowth a206 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
David
Project Leader

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a206 build

Post by David » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Please send any bugs to [email protected], so I can follow up on them via email.

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:23 pm

This is a report on the latest advance testing branch on steam as of yesterday.
after setting dynamic shadows to off this error opens up Image
After hitting continue another one Image
hitting continue again brings this one up Image
Once again clicking continue pops up another error message Image Pressing continue on this will bring me back into game, but my character will be invisible.
Pressing "L" to reset the level then popped up this Image clicking continue brought this up Image

Here is a vine I recorded on what it looks like: https://vine.co/v/MjFj7iPZULe Sorry about how shaky it is, I'm a pretty shaky person.

These are my in-game settings : Image

I will also summit this to [email protected]

Code: Select all

Report version: 2
MEM: Total memory: 8173 MB
MEM: Free memory: 4057 MB
CPU: Number of cores: 8
CPU: Mhz: 4026
CPU: Model: FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
CPU: Vendor: AMD
SYS: OS common name: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Vendor: ATI
GL_Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
GL_Version: 4.3.12614 Compatibility Profile Context 13.250.18.0
Driver version: unknown
VRAM query not supported.
GLSL_Version: 4.30
Shader Model: 2.0 or better

Maximum uniform vertex vec4s: 256
Maximum uniform fragment vec4s: 256
Maximum vertex attributes: 29
Maximum varying vec4s: 32
Maximum vertex texture samplers: 32
Maximum fragment texture samplers: 32

Benchmarks (higher is better)
Geometry VA: 43
Geometry VBO: 107
Simple fillrate: 74

I forgot to add my hardware report in the e-mail.

I would also like to suggest something, that doesn't have anything to do with the above. I think it would be nice to have the carve against terrain feature to work both ways. For things like caves where you don't want things to stick out in the ground and so everything is nice and flat. Also would be nice for this feature to save the carve, right now when saving a level after you carve something then join back in carving doesn't save.

Pixelpants

Post by Pixelpants » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:31 pm

I'm having the same issue as RylanLego, except with a purple haze.

Currently re-downloading Overgrowth to see if that changes anything.

AluminumHaste

Post by AluminumHaste » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Wow this release is completely broken. Tried it on 4 different computers, all crash out with various different codes. From SDL to GLSL errors.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:53 pm

AluminumHaste wrote:Wow this release is completely broken. Tried it on 4 different computers, all crash out with various different codes. From SDL to GLSL errors.
Please report a detailed bug report at [email protected]. Since they have only one programer don't expect a fix right away.

last

Post by last » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:45 pm

AluminumHaste wrote:Wow this release is completely broken. Tried it on 4 different computers, all crash out with various different codes. From SDL to GLSL errors.
You should also try steam advanced test version. Looks like there has been update and it fixed my problem.

RylanLego

Post by RylanLego » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:27 am

No difference for me with steam.. :(

Coroff_Jalkin

Post by Coroff_Jalkin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:20 am

The steam build works perfectly fine on my laptop, with LINUX and INTEL GRAPHICS. Use the advance_testing beta and all problems will (most likely) disappear.

JackEagles17

Post by JackEagles17 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:24 am

The editor mode isn't working for me since a206, none of the buttons do anything and when I try to access the colour picker it says: "Error, File Not Found"

?

Thanks for an otherwise awesome update which has made the whole game run so much smoother :)

JackEagles17

Post by JackEagles17 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:36 am

Am I somehow being stupid? I usually am
Attachments
Here's the error message
Here's the error message

last

Post by last » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:09 pm

JackEagles17 wrote:Am I somehow being stupid? I usually am
First, there is edit button __________________________________________________↑ up here
Please use it.
Also no one is stupid, it is just called lack of knowledge.
Now maybe you have caused this yourself by deleting some files? I suggest you redownload the game and see if the error still exist.

JackEagles17

Post by JackEagles17 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:21 pm

last wrote:First, there is edit button __________________________________________________↑ up here
You mean in the game or on the forum?

I haven't deleted any files, the editor mode is turning on but not working, i.e. The colour palette isn't coming up, none of the buttons for the editor are working.

Thanks for the "lack of knowledge" thing. I know I'm not stupid, just facetious :)

liverpudlian99

Post by liverpudlian99 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Hey everyone,
I have version 205 installed, and I used SUM Launcher to install the game in the first place (it wouldn't work with Chrome because the download was too big) when it was in 201 or so. I still have my Humble Bundle page saved, but I am wondering if it's possible to install the update manually without having to completely reinstall the game. I installed the update, but I have extracted it yet, and I don't know what to do from here. If it doesn't work with SUM Launcher, it's too big for Chrome, and I can't install it manually, then I'm not sure if I will be able to get the update at all.

Any help is appreciated. :)
Thanks,
Puddles

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:17 pm

liverpudlian99 wrote:Hey everyone,
I have version 205 installed, and I used SUM Launcher to install the game in the first place (it wouldn't work with Chrome because the download was too big) when it was in 201 or so. I still have my Humble Bundle page saved, but I am wondering if it's possible to install the update manually without having to completely reinstall the game. I installed the update, but I have extracted it yet, and I don't know what to do from here. If it doesn't work with SUM Launcher, it's too big for Chrome, and I can't install it manually, then I'm not sure if I will be able to get the update at all.

Any help is appreciated. :)
Thanks,
Puddles
Uh, what?
What does "too big for Chrome" mean?

I'm also not really sure what to make out of your last few sentences. Are you saying you have actually downloaded it already and just haven't extracted it yet? I thought you couldn't download it because it was "too big for Chrome" (whatever that is supposed to mean).

Also, why should it not work through SUMLauncher now when you installed the game with it at a201 and updated it to a205?

I think the only ways to get an updated version without having to download the entire updated game again are through Steam or the SUMLauncher. But, again, your last few sentences sound like you have already downloaded the current version and just have to extract it.
I really don't know what you are having trouble with at this point.

liverpudlian99

Post by liverpudlian99 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:59 pm

When I say too big for Chrome, I mean that it takes too long to download. I guess this could also be caused by my bad internet, but the download did not finish through Chrome. I installed the full game through SUM Launcher to begin with, and I downloaded just the update through chrome which I haven't extracted or put in to the Overgrowtha201 folder (that's the name of my game folder).
In the initial post, Jeff said that the SUM Launcher might not work with a206. I might be doing something wrong, but for me the alpha update doesn't finish installing through SUM Launcher.

I probably phrased something wrong, but I want to be as clear as possible.
I do have Steam, but I'm not running Overgrowth through it because I pre-ordered before it was available on Steam.

The main point of my previous post was asking how to install the update manually, although looking back at it, I'm realizing I phrased everything very poorly. I wonder if it's possible to put the Overgrowth game folder in Steam/SteamApps/common and it recognizing the game, but updating it to the new version... I will try this.

Below are photos of what my SUM Launcher looks like upon start, what the update looks like, and what the installation/extraction looks like, respectively.
The last picture is the screen that doesn't go away. I have waited a bit for it to finish, but it never does, even though it says it's 100%.
Attachments
What my SUM Launcher looks like
What my SUM Launcher looks like
What the update looks like
What the update looks like
Capture2.PNG (16.92 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
What the extracting/installing screen looks like
What the extracting/installing screen looks like
Capture3.PNG (18.02 KiB) Viewed 3525 times