Functional Armor

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Peruraptor

Functional Armor

Post by Peruraptor » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:51 am

I tried out the character/object customization, and was sad to see that the metal plates and other such objects do not add any protection to the rabbit. Instead, the weapons go right through them.
I would like to see some armor functionality added to the game, with objects placed on the rabbit deflecting or reducing hits in the area it covers. The alpha video mentioned dogs being heavily armored, and it would be best do add some function to that armor.

Surak

Re: Functional Armor

Post by Surak » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:52 am

Well, I am pretty sure that this will be included in the final version. It is just not implemented yet.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:09 am

Surak wrote:Well, I am pretty sure that this will be included in the final version. It is just not implemented yet.
It might be a jerk to have to account for the weight of the armor when your messing with the stats of you characters though.

sandwichpolice

Post by sandwichpolice » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Surak wrote:Well, I am pretty sure that this will be included in the final version. It is just not implemented yet.
It might be a jerk to have to account for the weight of the armor when your messing with the stats of you characters though.
If they include weight for the armor, there's a high chance that it'll probably only reduce movement speed by a minimal amount to allow for maximum stat messing around-ness. At least that's what I think.