[idea] inventory

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
rodeje25

[idea] inventory

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:27 am

hello everyone

i started writing this yesterday but i didn't post it because it was not finished because suddenly i got sick but of course no one cares.

however maybe this idea has already been on the forum but i wanted to share my own thoughts with you all.

so the inventory where you can put little daggers and knives in and maybe food? also if you put a spear in it it will be on your back and if you get it out of your inventory you hold it but there is no way you can store it like a sword, you have to put the 2 handed weapons in your inventory to put it on your back. also you can only store 1 2 handed weapon a time on your back.
about the knives and daggers..... they are just in a bag that could be on a belt around you middle.
and about the food maybe there could be plants in overgrowth from which you can collect apples, pears, oranges and so on. and you can put them in your inventory and when you get hungry you can eat a little (this also refills your health).

now after writing this i don't think it would be an idea to implement because i think the game would become a whole different genre and i do like it the way the game is now but it is an idea.

AcceSpeed

Re: [idea] inventory

Post by AcceSpeed » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:46 am

One thing that I would like:
The storage on the back. I don't think a real inventory would really fit in OG. Carrying a bag and a dagger on the sides are, probably, the only kind of storage there will be.
But, having something on your back, like a spear or a sword, could free your hands, and that would be extremely nice. For parkouring, but also for holding other weapons during that time, or just because it would look badass as hell.

But there could be a major problem with a spear hanging on your back: you shouldn't be allowed to roll on the ground, and maybe other movements would also be restricted.

Dunno, I would like it personally 8)

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:46 am

AcceSpeed wrote: But there could be a major problem with a spear hanging on your back: you shouldn't be allowed to roll on the ground, and maybe other movements would also be restricted.

like is said after writing it i don't like the idea anymore but the spear on the back would be still awesome i agree with that.
and jul there should be move restrictions.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Maybe specific items like wearable bags and backpacks can have inventory space (maybe even without an interface or HUD). For example a medium sized bag can hold maybe a dagger and two small bags of food/supplies.
bag inventory.png

goldroman22

Post by goldroman22 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:19 am

yeah seems cool

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:22 pm

AcceSpeed wrote:One thing that I would like:
The storage on the back. I don't think a real inventory would really fit in OG. Carrying a bag and a dagger on the sides are, probably, the only kind of storage there will be.
But, having something on your back, like a spear or a sword, could free your hands, and that would be extremely nice. For parkouring, but also for holding other weapons during that time, or just because it would look badass as hell.

But there could be a major problem with a spear hanging on your back: you shouldn't be allowed to roll on the ground, and maybe other movements would also be restricted.

I think you should be able to roll on the ground, but doing so will cause you to be impaled on your own spear.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:20 pm

+1, I agree with everything here.

Inventory slots don't fit into the game IMO, maybe into a loadout screen between missions or fights.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Back to the Drawing Board I guess, although there are no actual scabbards in Overgrowth anymore.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:59 pm

The idea i had was that those inventory slots wouldn't be visible, but it'd give an idea of how the inventory could work based on the size of the object you put in the backpack, so obviously swords would be too big to fit in a backpack, but a knife and some supplies might be able to fit.

GoodleShoes

Post by GoodleShoes » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:57 pm

It would be nice to have the backpack idea in case someone came up with a survival type of mod. (Foraging for food and storing it in your backpack for later use or chopped logs for a fire at night.) I'd play that all day.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 am

GoodleShoes wrote:It would be nice to have the backpack idea in case someone came up with a survival type of mod. (Foraging for food and storing it in your backpack for later use or chopped logs for a fire at night.) I'd play that all day.
Overgrowth maps are kinda small for that type of game. :|

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:31 pm

[quote="RagdollZombie"]Maybe specific items like wearable bags and backpacks can have inventory space (maybe even without an interface or HUD). For example a medium sized bag can hold maybe a dagger and two small bags of food/supplies.
bag inventory.png
[]

suddenly i like my idea

Merqos

Post by Merqos » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:32 pm

rodeje25 wrote: .....about the food maybe there could be plants in overgrowth from which you can collect apples, pears, oranges and so on. and you can put them in your inventory and when you get hungry you can eat a little (this also refills your health).

now after writing this i don't think it would be an idea to implement because i think the game would become a whole different genre and i do like it the way the game is now but it is an idea.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Endoperez wrote:
Overgrowth maps are kinda small for that type of game. :|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventory sounds great! But the map is indeed too small for that.
Maybe playing the game as a permadeath storyline? When progressing the story, you can find supplies, bandages, food and etc. Bandages if you are hurt or wounded and apples refills health as mentioned earlier.

These "--------------" are for marking between earlier quotes from posts that have been written. (Not in the right order i think)

Endoperez wrote:
Inventory slots don't fit into the game IMO, maybe into a loadout screen between missions or fights.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S: I like the loadout screen idea.