Advanced Testing Stealth

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
bayc

Advanced Testing Stealth

Post by bayc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:44 pm

I just played the game, and the hunt mode that people wanted in the topic discussing stealth is coming to life. I did red desert, and I killed one of them, and the other guy inspected the body, and actually scouted around the area. Also, if they hear you, but not see you, and then they turn and you are out of sight, they investigate. I just wanted to say this because STEALTH and you actually have to hide bodies now!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Advanced Testing Stealth

Post by Constance » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 pm

bayc wrote:I just played the game, and the hunt mode that people wanted in the topic discussing stealth is coming to life. I did red desert, and I killed one of them, and the other guy inspected the body, and actually scouted around the area. Also, if they hear you, but not see you, and then they turn and you are out of sight, they investigate. I just wanted to say this because STEALTH and you actually have to hide bodies now!
How exactly do they 'scout'?

bayc

Post by bayc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:57 pm

They just constantly run around the area, and on red desert, around the rock. I don't think he ever stops though.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:38 am

bayc wrote:They just constantly run around the area, and on red desert, around the rock. I don't think he ever stops though.
I'm recording a video of it now.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:52 am

bayc wrote:They just constantly run around the area, and on red desert, around the rock. I don't think he ever stops though.
Isn't that the default patrol route they are assigned to in that map?

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:01 am

If you found the body of your buddy, would you ever stop looking for his murderer?

bayc

Post by bayc » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:49 am

EPR89 wrote:
Isn't that the default patrol route they are assigned to in that map?
Well, he breaks it in direction, speed, and little variants. Just try it. Choke a guy out on red desert (quickly), then run onto the rock (or just spawn some cover (but he might look behind it, so I recommend high ground)) and watch the other guy.

Crystalwarrior

Post by Crystalwarrior » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:28 am

Yeah, I also noticed that enemies react to bodies now.
In my case, though, the guard found the body, made a little "alarm" sound, and then went back to his default patrol route.
Weird.