Idea: Species Subsets

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Rabbot3243

Idea: Species Subsets

Post by Rabbot3243 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Alright, this is the result of me having way too much fun thinking about random crap.
A Species Subset is the same species as normal, but with different bodybuilds/abilities.
For example:
Athetic Wolf. Not as strong as normal wolf, but can keep up with the Rabbits when it comes to parkour. Still maintains stronger strength and claws.

Or:
Combat Rabbit. At the cost of not being able to parkour all that well, this rabbot can go toe to toe, unarmed, with a wolf and win.

Another example would be;
"Pirate Cat". This one's just pure stupidity at it's finest. This cat has a decent amount of parkour skill, strength, and combat capabilities. The thing that makes him so different is that he fights dirty. I.E, kicking sand into the enemy's eyes, punching with the knuckleguard of his sword, using other rabbits/cats as meatsheilds.

I figure this will be a late addition, after species have been separated. Feel free to post your own ideas, this was just a thought I had.

sandwichpolice

Re: Idea: Species Subsets

Post by sandwichpolice » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm not sure how this would work in the actual game and how it would handle, but these actually sound very interesting.

Ace8280

Re: Idea: Species Subsets

Post by Ace8280 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:21 pm

I thinks this should be done through stats instead of subspecies. As long as we could get a path finding variable that let's us set how well they can parkour, this is already doable. Just change the attack damage, speed, and blocking variables already available in addition to a parkour variable. This also gives you infinite combinations of stats instead of only a few subspies.
As far as the pirate cat, you would need to add new scripts and animations for that to work. It would take quite a bit more effort, but it's probably still doable.