Some thoughts about the dogs, armor, and fighting styles

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
sandwichpolice

Some thoughts about the dogs, armor, and fighting styles

Post by sandwichpolice » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:42 pm

So, after the dog armor became a thing, I've been wondering a lot of things about the dogs.
First off, how common would full metal armor be among the dogs? How expensive and heavy would it be, and what would you wear underneath the big breastplate, scales, etc?
What IS dog warfare like? We know that there are many, many conflicts between dogs, so how would their soldier composition be, tactics, and so on?
Another thing: why are their weapons single edged, thick, heavy choppers if the dogs have heavy 'plate' armor? (It's more like partial plate but hey) We could make an inference here that not all dogs had partial plate, and the majority of them probably had light armors like padded jacks and gambesons, but who knows? There's not enough info yet there.
What would their fighting styles be? When using a dog sword as a dog in game, it seems to be extremely elegant and flow-ey; something one would not expect among them. One would think that there would be a lot of quick, strong slashes rather than the fencing style in game that one would expect the cats to use.
Sorry if this seemed like me rambling on and on, but just some questions and thoughts I had.
EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention the spear, but why is it shaped almost like a rectangle if it's made for stabbing?

Endoperez

Re: Some thoughts about the dogs, armor, and fighting styles

Post by Endoperez » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Have you read through the story snippets in the blog? There, images and'or short texts about it things in the game world.

I remember something about dog clans with different equipment.

sandwichpolice

Post by sandwichpolice » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm not too sure I have read them, will do though

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:26 am

Yeah, I remember something about the Stonebreaker Clan using hammers to crush a rival clans heavy armor in a skirmish. I believe it's correct, that different clans and groups have different armor uses.