Therium-2 - ModDB open!

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Therium-2 Sneak Peek thread

Post by Constance » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:41 pm

grindgrain wrote:oh really?! :shock:
sick!!!
can you give me a screenshot of the scene or something to imagine the situation better?
Absolutely, I'll give you details on what kinda stuff I'll need and the situation and such.
It'll also be nothing too hard, of course.

grindgrain

Post by grindgrain » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:45 pm

is it okay to discuss these details here? we can go to IRC or somewhere else like that if you want.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:46 pm

grindgrain wrote:is it okay to discuss these details here? we can go to IRC or somewhere else like that if you want.
Yea, I can totally do IRC.

grindgrain

Post by grindgrain » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:49 pm

i'm not very reliable (quality wise) because i was studying music for like... a week or two ^^
but i'll do my hardest
oh alright, let's go

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Grindgrain made Music

Post by Constance » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Ayo pals, the absolutely ubiquitous Grindgrain has made a few tracks that I'll be using for Therium-2.
This means music on specific boss fights and levels (I've figured out how to get rid of the default music).
Now all that I need is just the best way to get music implemented, whether it be a hotspot or level script that changes the music playing depending on the current situation.
If anyone's up for making a hotspot that does that, then a million cookies are reserved.
I'm probably gonna post a bit of the lore later today, too.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Grindgrain made Music

Post by Anton » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:01 pm

Timbles wrote:Ayo pals, the absolutely ubiquitous Grindgrain has made a few tracks that I'll be using for Therium-2.
This means music on specific boss fights and levels (I've figured out how to get rid of the default music).
Now all that I need is just the best way to get music implemented, whether it be a hotspot or level script that changes the music playing depending on the current situation.
If anyone's up for making a hotspot that does that, then a million cookies are reserved.
I'm probably gonna post a bit of the lore later today, too.
Yeah... I can't wait for proper music implementation... right now it's gamewide music... Level based, or character based would be great.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Ancient Statues

Post by Constance » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:34 pm

[+] Scabadoloons
The Cinderbreathe historians and investigators are still trying to figure out what happened to the ancient civilization who tried to colonize these same grounds, many, many years ago...
[+] Scoobiedaloonies
That, and what are these strange lanterns scattered around the grounds for...?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Status Update

Post by Constance » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:16 pm

So I've been playing a ton of Terraria lately, which has been distracting me from Therium-2.
School also started but I'm sure that won't distract me from working on the game (once I get off Terraria).
So far I've been working a ton on the A path. I also have the foundations to work on the B path levels, including what assets to use, level design philosophies and even a unique enemy that'll appear throughout the path. Right now I just need to make the second half of an A path level, along with the ending itself, and after remaking one or two levels, I'll have the A path finished in its alpha stage.
There's also a bit of a foundation on the C path, but it still needs a lot of work. It'll include a really cool mechanic at the beginning of each level, which I might talk about later.

Either way, I still absolutely love Terraria. God damn, I forgot how it's one of my favorite games. It's got everything I like: action RPG sandbox bullet hell platformer.

Terath86

Re: Status Update

Post by Terath86 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Timbles wrote:...
hey, just a question-- do you happen to need models? i'm certainly not the best, and I make my models for mount&blade warband mods but I can try to help if you want :)

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Status Update

Post by Constance » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:59 pm

Terath86 wrote:
Timbles wrote:...
hey, just a question-- do you happen to need models? i'm certainly not the best, and I make my models for mount&blade warband mods but I can try to help if you want :)
Oh, I would certainly love to have some models. Right now all I really need in specific is more statues, preferrably of Rabbits.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Eh.

Post by Constance » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:53 pm

I would TOTALLY show you guys an awesome screenshot of the level I'm working on right now, but it's kind of one of the last levels in the A path, so I feel like I shouldn't spoil it.
Trust me, it looks really good.

EDIT: I suppose this wouldn't spoil too much....
[+] Scrawnabaloo

rrr598

Post by rrr598 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:22 pm

This looks awesome! I cannot wait for this, the hype is almost too much!

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:28 pm

I'm definitely glad this is hyping people up.
By the way, if ANYONE can and wants to help with some stuff, feel free to PM me and stuff. Really, I'd appreciate some new statue models, a few new dialogue idle animations and that's pretty much it (unless someone can model armor on an existing character, in which case that would be fabulous).

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:31 pm

Timbles, you are one sexy motherfucker.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Timbles wrote:a few new dialogue idle animations
Since the other guy already offered his modelling services (and he sounds much better than me) i could help with some dialogue idle animations (in other words poses right?). Since i'm sick i have tommorow all the time to work on it.