I'm loosing faith...

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
MadRat96

I'm loosing faith...

Post by MadRat96 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:50 am

Hey everyone. I'm starting to lose faith that this game will ever have a story, or that it will ever be finished. I'm not looking for any hate or disapproval, I only want some encouraging arguments that will change my point of view. Also, I think the devs should watch that Shia la Bouffe motvational speech :lol:

EPR89

Re: I'm loosing faith...

Post by EPR89 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:00 pm

I'm losing faith in new people ever reading previous threads asking the exact same questions and checking out the replies there...

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:59 pm

EPR89 wrote:I'm losing faith in new people ever reading previous threads asking the exact same questions and checking out the replies there...

This guy didn't even ask a question, grumpy.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:07 pm

I am focusing on expanding the team, which is something we never really tried before -- bringing in people both from the industry and from the Overgrowth community. I think that should speed up progress significantly.

deldero

Post by deldero » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:48 pm

he wanted to point out how he fells about the game as an individual, even tough his comment was written before, it doenst mean that those who wrotte it speak for him. about your sorrow mad rat ...well...

i watched the last overgrowth weekly, and they said that the updtate shoul'd' have arrived last month, i dont know what is happening, but i know somnthing big is coming, wether this will be a big smile or a big disapointment...i dont know.

i read many coments and opinions on youtube about this game, and its long development, some say he is scamming peaple and that this will end like the arkh project, some say that this man is a genius for doing so much with so few peaple,some say that even with his talent he has poor management skills, and that that is the problem,some say that after 8 years there is no reason for him to back out, some say that after 8 years he is goin through development hell, and is burntout.

"No Man's Sky" was a game made initialy by 5 peaple, and later they where 13 peaple, they managed to turn out the game in 3 years, and expose it on E3, some say that it will take 5 billion years to explore the whole game,the engine was made by one of the devs to.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... -mans-sky/

from wikipedia:

"The game's original prototype was worked on by Hello Games' Sean Murray, and then expanded into a small 5-man team prior to its first teaser in December 2013. Since then, more of Hello Games' staff have since worked on the game and it was formally announced at Sony's press conference during the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2014."

"Most of the universe in No Man's Sky is procedurally-generated, including solar systems, planets, weather systems, flora and fauna on these planets, the behavior of these creatures, and artificial structures like buildings and spacecraft."

"Dave Lee of BBC News felt that the game "stole the show" at the E3 2014 conference.[25] The title won the show's "Best Original Game" and "Best Independent Game" by a panel of game critics, as well as receiving the "Special Commendation for Innovation" title"

i learnd all that, and keep the game, because i like it, even with the imersion breakin expirience of my glitched shaders, and the constant crashes, and the horrible wolfire support, i still play it. I like makin armors, and i like makin stew of filthy rabbits >:p, i like how fluid the action is, i like how brutal it can be,i like how easy it is to edit things, and i LOVE to kick my enemies of clifs and hear their bones breakin, especialy if it is a rabbit >:D

i read the comics and enjoyd the story.
i playd with my friend's and had a great time.

i am aware of what this game can become, but i still have faith.
and i hope that this game ends up like "no man's sky"
in a huge screen, being aplauded by many,recieving awards and causing a lot of controversy for its brutality, followed by an angry mob of PETA protesters xD

peaple belive in david, and in his team,we add our little flame to the big bond fire that is overgrowth, and one day it may shine as a beacon of overcoming hardships, and self grow.
my little flame is still here, with this game, and with this comunity.

MetalMilitia623

Post by MetalMilitia623 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:10 am

I, fairly recently got this game and it's because I, one only fairly recently found out about it and two I did some research and from what I found it seems to me David would rather take his time and do something the right way and not just rush to get something done on some deadline.

I can't imagine adding more employees to a business is an easy or quick process for a small company of this nature. I do know this game has a lot going for it and is already quite fun to play, and I have faith it is going to see it's finish. Sooner rather than later once the team gets expanded.

TheCyclonicStorm

Post by TheCyclonicStorm » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:25 am

MetalMilitia623 wrote:I, fairly recently got this game and it's because I, one only fairly recently found out about it and two I did some research and from what I found it seems to me David would rather take his time and do something the right way and not just rush to get something done on some deadline.

I can't imagine adding more employees to a business is an easy or quick process for a small company of this nature. I do know this game has a lot going for it and is already quite fun to play, and I have faith it is going to see it's finish. Sooner rather than later once the team gets expanded.
Indeed. I'd almost completely forgotten about the Overgrowth forums until today, and, although I am slightly disappointed to see that the game has only progressed by four or five builds, I too would much prefer it if this game came out in three years, polished and shiny, rather than in three months, sloppy and unfinished.