Dear Old Growth Members, please hear out my plea..

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Re: Dear Old Growth Members, please hear out my plea..

Post by Dammasta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:51 am

Slycan wrote:Rode you apologized once already on this thread, and then less than a week later you posted this on Wildfires official OG video blog.

My body can't handle all this cringe.

You shouldn't be allowed to defend this company/community anymore if the first thing you can think of is "Shut up Bitch". Yet you wonder why people target you?
underthedeep wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:we were always nice to people...
Kek

Alright.

Why are we so up in arms about being nice to newer people on these forums, but this kind of shit is allowed? How is calling out another member of this community helpful or constructive at all? This is severely hypocritical bullshit.

Calling out and publicly shaming someone for something they've said or done is really uncalled for. If you feel so strongly about what they said, talk to them privately about it please. There is no reason to publicly shame someone for defending something they like.

Maybe he was a little rude, but he has the right to say what he likes, and you are not the Wolfire forums police.

Stop this public shaming, stop making people feel horrible, and if this continues, I hope this thread gets locked, because it is not good for this community.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:03 pm

Timbles if you don't release Therium 2 soon, this community might eat itself.

/s

Slycan

Post by Slycan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Not only do I get lectured for posting in my own thread - but then I get called out for calling someone out? All I did was post a sample of behavior that shouldn't be tolerated since, as I stated on my OP, this game is hanging. Screw me for giving a damn if they game continues to make descent sales based on the communities loudest community commenters and fans, cuz it's certainly not going to get it based on the responsiveness from the official dev team. The fact that this white knighting is happening makes me believe this has become nothing but entertainment value for the forum, and due to lack of rules here stating any violation of any comments or screenshots from either party, I'd say it's not far fetched of a statement. Sure, lets lock it up and hide it away like all the other post half-damned to bring up any faults.

TLDR; It's all good, I'll be the bad guy here, I'm leaving <3

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:16 pm

I don't think that the thing with people being mean to new people is that big of a problem. It's gotten better recently and I think if we just keep trying to be nice and respectful to each other we'll all have a good time. In my opinion there doesn't seem to be much else to discuss on the matter. Am I wrong?

When making an example of bad behavior it's a good idea to keep it general as to not upset others. So instead of "we shouldn't do this thing that person x did", just say "we shouldn't do this thing". It very easily gets personal if individual people are pointed out, and that is not helpful in a civilized discussion.

If anyone has something to say to a specific person that others don't need to know about, please keep it to private messages.

I'm about ready to lock this thread now on OPs request.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:27 pm

The OP just left the forums so i guess that's a green light to lock this one up.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Aw :/

Locking it up...