Let's get OG attention!

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Mimoza

Let's get OG attention!

Post by Mimoza » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:46 am

So we all know that the developers have been a little quiet. Maybe they're hard at work, we don't know.

We all love Overgrowth because it's a great game so I have an idea that we'd encourage people to get OG. If we all join forces to get, let's say, a popular youtuber to play OG, the game would get a lot of attention. The devs couldn't ignore that, not that they're ignoring us, but they seem a little demotivated.

So let's bring OG back!

I have faith!

luv
-Mimoza

rodeje25

Re: Let's get OG attention!

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:17 am

No need for that sonce the team now has 18 part timers and silverfish as an intern so the game will get updates quicked and more expansions and people will see like wow the game is getting updates and they become interested and start playing again and tell their friends:"look how cool this game has become."

Slycan

Post by Slycan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:35 am

What, Idubbbz isn't in a popular youtuber ? :lol: He's a funny dude that doesn't hold back much needed criticism.
I see what you mean though, I just don't see Markiplier or Game Grumps picking this game up without some sort of backfire, either a demand of faster updates from the users they bring in, or picking fun about it being the "oldest game to ever still be in Alpha", etc etc. I'd be amused if that's what it takes though.
Who else is there, Peanut Butter Gamer? TotalBiscuit :wink: ? , Jacksepticeye?
Not sure how you request games at "popular tubers" honestly, do you send them a note or something? Buy the game for them and ask them to review it??

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:46 am

Slycan wrote:What, Idubbbz isn't in a popular youtuber ? :lol: He's a funny dude that doesn't hold back much needed criticism.
I see what you mean though, I just don't see Markiplier or Game Grumps picking this game up without some sort of backfire, either a demand of faster updates from the users they bring in, or picking fun about it being the "oldest game to ever still be in Alpha", etc etc. I'd be amused if that's what it takes though.
Not sure how you request games at "popular tubers" honestly, do you send them a note or something? Buy the game for them and ask them to review it??
Idubbbz once was in the co-optional podcast, he didn't mention overgrowth much.
TotaBiscuit doesn't do Early Access games, so point asking him. Also TB and David had discussed about this already taht he won't do a video about it until the game is done.

Markiplier has made a one vdeo about the game already also Nerd^3 has made few.
I think there is no need for new videos, but if so it would be better that OG has gotten few new updates first.

Mimoza

Post by Mimoza » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:22 am

Slycan wrote:What, Idubbbz isn't in a popular youtuber ? :lol: He's a funny dude that doesn't hold back much needed criticism.
I was thinking that we could get a big group here and just go commenting on people's videos :D

Mimoza

Post by Mimoza » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 am

rodeje25 wrote:No need for that sonce the team now has 18 part timers and silverfish as an intern so the game will get updates quicked and more expansions and people will see like wow the game is getting updates and they become interested and start playing again and tell their friends:"look how cool this game has become."
Really? That's so good to hear <3 This is seriously one of my favorite games. Even though it's in alpha it's a ton of fun!

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 am

Markiplier and jackscepticeye played OG. A long time ago tough but they did. To request a game at jackscepticeye you need to be the first to comment ( figure out his uploading times (i was first 2 times in a row on the same day)) or send him an email. But i think. He'll only pmay it again if there is some cool content added and a lot of us request it.