You took my money,and gave me false hope,

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!

EPR89

Re: You took my money,and gave me false hope,

Post by EPR89 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:52 pm

Since it's you, I think I can use this sort of language without having to worry about offending anyone.

Go fuck yourself.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:43 pm

EPR89 wrote:Since it's you, I think I can use this sort of language without having to worry about offending anyone.

Go fuck yourself.
Yeah, we should just stop being polite to him, really.
Or be anywhere near polite.
Can we ban him?

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:06 am

Timbles wrote:
EPR89 wrote:Since it's you, I think I can use this sort of language without having to worry about offending anyone.

Go fuck yourself.
Yeah, we should just stop being polite to him, really.
Or be anywhere near polite.
Can we ban him?
Ban hammer incoming!

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:47 am

EPR: Being extremely rude will not do anything to help the situation. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Etidorpha, you - like everyone else - are free to ask for a refund at any point in time. So the "you took my money" part of your topic doesn't make sense. As for giving you false hope, we're making a game while giving you status updates on it, I don't see how that justifies calling us names.

Please refrain from making non-constructive threads in the future.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:47 am

Etidorpha is a troll who does this from time to time, better just ignore his posts. If you check his profile you will see several posts similar to this, just letting you know.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 am

Why is this tread here? This thread should not be here.

How so? Allow me to explain.

Scenario 1, my fond hope:
This thread is a joke.
In this scenario, the original poster, Etidorhpa, has seen and understood the common and regrettable occurrence of Scenario 2, and has decided to attempt to lighten the mood by jokingly mimicking the disappointed behaviour that those situations give rise to.
Etidorhpa would be fully aware of how ungrateful his post sounds, and is feigning ignorance for comedic effect.

Posting a topic such as this is wrong for the following reasons:
  • It is in the wrong section; the SPF in intended for customer support, constructive criticisms, suggestions, compliments, user commentary, user mods, updates, and all such manner of things. Not to say humour is not welcome, but if you have nothing useful to say relating to the game, your topic belongs in the Randomness section.
  • It is, in its current state, too open to misinterpretation, which spreads bile and overall bad feeling for no other reason than a failed joke, as people feel they are being disrespected, and may respond in kind.
Scenario 2, unpleasantly likely:
This thread is a genuine complaint.
In this scenario the OP is genuinely upset about the long time between the order and the delivery of the product; impatience has gotten the better of him, and he has decided to vent his frustration with a seemingly childish display of contempt. It is not the worst case we have seen of such reactions. Not the first, neither the last.

Posting such a topic is wrong for the following reasons:
  • It has been stated, repeatedly and clearly, that this game is still in development. It will not be presented in its complete form immediately after ordering. These things take time. Refer to the Wolfire Blog to ascertain how far the development has come, in what detail it is being pursued, and decide for yourself how much longer you think the development might take. There is no reason for bare-faced impatience: OG is still being developed.
  • If you are so dissatisfied with the alpha versions and complete bonus games that you have received that you wish to reverse your order of Overgrowth, you may at any time request a refund by contacting the team. There is no need to proclaim your dissatisfaction to the community in such a non-constructive manner; it doesn't help anyone, and you're just being rude in doing so.
Scenario 3, also quite probable:
OP is a troll and we're all pissing into the wind.

Etidorhpa, I'd say you could consider this a warning, were it not that you have already repeatedly been warned both by the community and the regulations you agreed to when you joined these forums.

Everything clear? Down with this topic.
Lock/ban please.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:30 am

Glabbit wrote:
Scenario 1, my fond hope:
This thread is a joke.
In this scenario, the original poster, Etidorhpa, has seen and understood the common and regrettable occurrence of Scenario 2, and has decided to attempt to lighten the mood by jokingly mimicking the disappointed behaviour that those situations give rise to.
Etidorhpa would be fully aware of how ungrateful his post sounds, and is feigning ignorance for comedic effect.

Posting a topic such as this is wrong for the following reasons:
  • It is in the wrong section; the SPF in intended for customer support, constructive criticisms, suggestions, compliments, user commentary, user mods, updates, and all such manner of things. Not to say humour is not welcome, but if you have nothing useful to say relating to the game, your topic belongs in the Randomness section.
  • It is, in its current state, too open to misinterpretation, which spreads bile and overall bad feeling for no other reason than a failed joke, as people feel they are being disrespected, and may respond in kind.
Knowing Etidorhpa's post history, it's probably not this. Unless he has some sort of heavily advanced sense of humor that flies over my head.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:09 am

Dammasta wrote:
Glabbit wrote: Unless he has some sort of heavily advanced sense of humor that flies over my head.
i wouldn't call it advanced...

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:31 am

You guys do know that you aren't supposed to pay mind to trolls right?

Like you are literally feeding him.

Feeding.

Think about what you are doing.

Good, now don't reply to his posts again.

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Locking thread as it's off-topic. If there are any issues regarding development or purchase, please contact support. We have a full refund policy for anyone unhappy with the way we handle development of the game.