Split Screen Not Working Propperly

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Exploding Cheese

Split Screen Not Working Propperly

Post by Exploding Cheese » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:50 am

So normally when you use split screen there is two screens [duh, :P]. But when i use it it seems that there is a small 'Working' screen at the bottom left, and the rest is the other player 1 camera. The player 2 camera is in front of the player 1 camera at the bottom left and the player 1 camera is frozen. Both players can still move.

This was the best way i could describe it, i am not English so sorry for any grammar issues.

You can look at the screenshots:

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: Split Screen Not Working Propperly

Post by halzoid » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:08 am

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38875#p240839
I know this isn't strictly the same question but my answer applies to both

It should be restored soon

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:31 pm

There were some technical issues updating the graphics recently. It broke split screen (and decals) but the developers know about it, and are working on it. There has been a lot of back end work the past few weeks, but there are now 5 programmers working on the game, so hopefully we'll see this fixed in the next alpha or two. (It has not been fixed so far for a212, which is due out today)

Exploding Cheese

Post by Exploding Cheese » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks guys :D

I hope they fix this problem in the next update and since there is now 5 people working on the game i bet it wont be that hard. :)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:25 pm

Exploding Cheese wrote:Thanks guys :D

I hope they fix this problem in the next update and since there is now 5 people working on the game i bet it wont be that hard. :)

The initial look into it has shown that it should be easy to fix, the question is mostly about the best way to fix it, and also potentially expand the capability (like getting rid of the black bars, and some of the other issues it had before). Hopefully they can find a better way to render the game than the current way it was being used.

Just to be clear, the next possible timing for it to be fixed will be in 2 weeks, but there is no guarantee that will happen.

inhumanbeing

Post by inhumanbeing » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:04 pm

I know this isn't the same question, but I figured since this thread is pretty current, I'd ask here. My game does not save changes to maps. Every time I load a map, it loads the original version of the map. If I go into the map and modify it using the editor, whether I use the Save Map button in the editor or Cmd-S, nothing seems to happen and the changes are not saved. Is there a fix for this?

Exploding Cheese

Post by Exploding Cheese » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:16 pm

inhumanbeing wrote:I know this isn't the same question, but I figured since this thread is pretty current, I'd ask here. My game does not save changes to maps. Every time I load a map, it loads the original version of the map. If I go into the map and modify it using the editor, whether I use the Save Map button in the editor or Cmd-S, nothing seems to happen and the changes are not saved. Is there a fix for this?
How it works for me: I don't save anything and when i press 'Main Menu' a popup appears saying do you want to save.

inhumanbeing

Post by inhumanbeing » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Yeah, I don't get a popup or anything.