Unofficial Overgrowth a218 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
SirWoo

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a218 build

Post by SirWoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Anton wrote:Low Light Combat can be installed from here as well:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17679

(It's stickied just a few threads down…)
This worked! Thanks!
Anton wrote: Also, to get it from the Humble Bundle store page, go to humblebundle.com/home then go to the purchases tab (instead of Library), search for Overgrowth, and click on that link. It will take you to a dedicated Overgrowth Page, which has all the installers.

(Just realized you can just go to https://www.humblebundle.com/home/purchases )
This did not work. Maybe because I just took the CD key from Steam, when I bought Overgrowth, and logged that one key to humble bundle?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:58 pm

SirWoo wrote:This did not work. Maybe because I just took the CD key from Steam, when I bought Overgrowth, and logged that one key to humble bundle?
When you went to the Humble Bundle page, were you signed in with a Humble Bundle account, and did you click on "Claim This Page" on the top right corner? (I don't know if they still do it that way… but sometimes you need to claim pages to keep them…)

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:03 pm

It is claimed.

I just realized, did you mean that if I download Overgrowth from Humble Bundle, it includes the other two titles in the downloaded folder?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:06 pm

Hmm, that's not what I meant… When I open my humble bundle page, I see all three downloads, like this:
Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 8.01.12 PM.png

SirWoo

Post by SirWoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Anton wrote:Hmm, that's not what I meant… When I open my humble bundle page, I see all three downloads, like this:
Yeah... Unfortunately, I just get the Overgrowth title in that list. Oh well, I've got my copy of LLC and Reciever, so I'm happy! Thank you!

Cabazorro

Post by Cabazorro » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:36 pm

akazi wrote:
Cabazorro wrote:The problems with the dialogue editor are still there, please fix it.
Can you be more specific?
when you move the characters in any way the go crazy (I'll link a video) and they never rotate in the direction you want them to, there might be other problems but this are the ones I noticed the most. I know I'm not the only one with this problem as others mentioned it on the bug reporting thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW8LCVS ... e=youtu.be

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Cabazorro wrote:when you move the characters in any way the go crazy (I'll link a video) and they never rotate in the direction you want them to, there might be other problems but this are the ones I noticed the most. I know I'm not the only one with this problem as others mentioned it on the bug reporting thread.
I know that they have been looking into some of those issues. Some of it reminds me of some cacheing issues, so it might be worth clearing your cache. -- Ultimately, the best way to get bugs taken care of is by emailing [email protected] - including that video, and how to reproduce it is very helpful.

Cabazorro

Post by Cabazorro » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:32 pm

Anton wrote:I know that they have been looking into some of those issues. Some of it reminds me of some cacheing issues, so it might be worth clearing your cache. -- Ultimately, the best way to get bugs taken care of is by emailing [email protected] - including that video, and how to reproduce it is very helpful.
Thanks, I already sent the email.
How do I clear my chache?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Cabazorro wrote:Thanks, I already sent the email.
You can do it through SUMLauncher by clicking on File -> Delete Local Files, then choose to delete the cache.

OR

Follow the directions here: http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_t ... %27s_cache

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:38 pm

SirWoo wrote:
Anton wrote:Hmm, that's not what I meant… When I open my humble bundle page, I see all three downloads, like this:
Yeah... Unfortunately, I just get the Overgrowth title in that list. Oh well, I've got my copy of LLC and Reciever, so I'm happy! Thank you!
I have a feeling you're looking at the wrong page. Open the link you got in the email that was sent to you when you got your SPF Key.

Cabazorro

Post by Cabazorro » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:59 pm

Anton wrote:
Cabazorro wrote:Thanks, I already sent the email.
You can do it through SUMLauncher by clicking on File -> Delete Local Files, then choose to delete the cache.

OR

Follow the directions here: http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_t ... %27s_cache
It didn't do anything :(

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:02 pm

Cabazorro wrote:It didn't do anything :(
I'm not entirely surprised. What you are seeing has to do with the way the animation system works, and hopefully they will come up with some constraint to fix that issue. I guess a bug fix will be the solution.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:45 am

We know about the dialogue editor bugs that you people are talking about and it's on our list to fix it. :)

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:06 pm

The Lava Arena's lighting seems to have gotten very dark. Was this intentional?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:42 pm

Silverfish wrote:We know about the dialogue editor bugs that you people are talking about and it's on our list to fix it. :)
I think it could be quite cool to have a depth of field option for the dialogue camera in the later stages (maybe as late as the finished version) of the game, It would have a lot of cool uses and wouldn't really affect the frame rate as it would be static (Unless over the course of time the dialogue editor allows for video recording (which would also be awesome)).
:lol: