Possible temp fix to PreDraw(); error crash

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
RagdollZombie

Possible temp fix to PreDraw(); error crash

Post by RagdollZombie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:31 pm

For the past couple of alphas, some of you may have had this issue: You load a level, but keep getting the error which prevents you from playing the game:

void PreDraw() not found in file: "Data/Scripts/playercontrol.as".

One possible fix is to disable your mods in the main menu, and delete OGMP (if disabling it from the mod menu doesn't fix it). Don't forget to clear your cache afterwards, just in case. I'm not sure why that's the case, but doing this helped for me.

This should be fixed soon. I hope this helps.
menu 1.png
menu 2.png

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: Possible temp fix to PreDraw(); error crash

Post by halzoid » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:53 am

I fixed this issue by deleting all files with "_ogmp" at the end, then using steam, changed to the previous alpha and back again to quickly verify all files. I also had to delete aschar.as and put _aschar.as in its place by deleting the underscore, however I don't remember if this is OGMP related

[EDIT]
hold on, you have a car mod installed?!

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:09 am

It's a little thingy Gyrth was working on, I haven't been able to get it to work though lel

Only disabling OGMP didn't work for me, but disabling all the mods did somehow.

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:12 am

That's a nice list of mods :D

I usually make a /Data/DisabledMods folder and move folders from /Data/Mods into this folder. OGMP and the bow and arrow mod are overriding some scripts. So those are probably the cause of it. I just have to merge the new scripts into my modded scripts so the functions are reachable again. Like PreDraw().

The car was just an experiment. It doesn't work very well. But the code is there if anyone wants to improve it.

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:26 am

I'm making the modding system a little smarter to minimize these issues in the future.

One thing i'm doing is making the FileCollision warning smarter, meaning it will only warn if an activated mod is colliding with another. I'll also add a check for the declared version of the game, so that untested mods won't continue being activated after updating the game. Requiring manual intervention to reactivate.

As a community we might start to think about a way to make scripting mods more compatible with each other. As a developer i'm open to thoughts and suggestions on this front.

Gyrth

Post by Gyrth » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Alrighty, I merged the a255 changes into the OGMP scripts. I hope it's fixed now. I couldn't find PreDraw() though. Must be removed. I tested it and it worked, but if anyone else can test it as well to be sure, that'd be great.
thadbegreat.jpg
thadbegreat.jpg (18.23 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
https://github.com/ogmp/ogmp_client

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Gyrth wrote:Alrighty, I merged the a255 changes into the OGMP scripts.
Did Wolfire give you their time machine?

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:36 am

We don't have a time machine :P We just work on a two week cycle, so while alpha A is out, alpha B gets frozen and work on alpha C starts. Which is why the numbers can seem like a big jump. It's intended as a way to minimize bugs for the alpha release.