advanced testing error

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Thomason1005

advanced testing error

Post by Thomason1005 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:40 pm

getting this on every level

---------------------------
Error
Could not find file: Data/Animations/dialogue_poses.txt
OK Abbrechen

really like the campaign though

Thomason1005

Re: advanced testing error

Post by Thomason1005 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:56 pm

game crashing after the dialogue on stone hall ( i think next level load)

BUT THE CAMPAIGN LOOKS ANAZING!!!

you really pushed the engine to put some awesome pictures on the screen. i really like the look of the desert levels

although there is a lot of level loads. i mean you let me load a level just to have 3 lines of dialogue: oh he isnt here next loading screen!

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:27 pm

when fighting the king, the dude ontop of the stone doesnt notice me

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:38 pm

i played the lugaru campaign all the way through, somehow in the main menu the progression is stuck on level 13 (higher ones are greyed out)

Lime_x

Post by Lime_x » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:14 pm

It sounds like the campain is quite good. :)
May I ask, how do I access the Lugaru campain in the game?
I have installed the advance_testing in steam, yet I can't see any option to play the capmain in the menu.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the campain in the internal_testing version.

Markuss

Post by Markuss » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks for the comments, this is all work in progress, lots of stuff needs tweaking & adjustment, some levels may get replaced entirely.

I added the dialogue_poses.txt file to the release manifest, should appear on internal_testing in a few hours.

Some feedback on what levels you think look the best/worst would be helpful. :D

Thomason1005

Re: lugaru campaign things & stuff

Post by Thomason1005 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:00 am

ok so i made a list:

01&02, these levels feel really alive with the characters & the bird. also the red blocks are nice.

especially on the first level it took me some time to find out where i had to go, you could add a dialogue hint to find your child at the top maybe

03: this small hill which is seen in the dialogue behind the guy with the backpack has a really awkward & apparent polygon peak.

04 looks awesome because of the awesome sky & lighting, the yellow areas create a nice red bloom. there is no blood though

on 05 the rabbits are really dark, this occurs on more levels though

06 07 08 09 10 the desert levels look really nice, awesome lighting. i like these levels the most

on 06 the heightmap in the direction the rabbits are walking looks a bit awkward though. the mountain in the distance is a bit too round i think, the trees are cool though

11: could use some ambient occlusion / light probes. the fort look quite flat. also im not a fan of the brick texture. it looks photographed

13 could use some height fog / fog emitters or something. that would make it really awesome

14: is hard as fuck, becuase hes so fast & i cant block. i made it though, it makes you feel quite an achievement when beating him. but this level cries for a button to skip all dialogue lines at once

15 & 16 & 17 look dated, maybe because of the low contrast, the rocky areas should be darker, i think these levels look worst atm. also the wolf model could use some more fur planes. there are only some few on his back, it makes the model look old. especially wolfes should have more fur depth

18 & 19 looks nice, im not a fan of the stone wall texture though

20 is a bit boring looking but decent

21: very hard again. but they dont seem to follow if you jump off the "fight area". also it is really awkward to jump back up. turner just doesnt want to grab the ledge. he touches the wall halfway up and then is too far away? also the rabbits are really dark again. if you run fast enough to the right in the beginning they wont notice you. thats how i beat it :mrgreen:

22: dark characters again, the cave behind the spawn point looks actually cool, id like to walk out of it in the beginning of the level. id like a way to not kill the children, i mean they are kids, right?

23: a reward / achievement to beat him without weapon? that would be nice

24:looks a bit boring again, needs light probes

also the auto camera likes to lock to dead bodies which can become annoying

i noticed if you choke someone & another enemy want to kill you he can kill you through his chocked ally & kill you instead. so you cant use them as a shield. would be funny though

when playing through in one go:
OpenGL error
On line 3183 of engine.cpp:
Nicht genügend Arbeitsspeicher (=not enough ram, i have 8gb)
OK Abbrechen

some levels spam soundtrack.cpp: 496: did not find song "lugaru_ambient_grass" into the console

Markuss

Post by Markuss » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:45 pm

sorry for the late response and thanks for the feedback, will take note of this.