SUMLauncher Issues

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
jermyburit

SUMLauncher Issues

Post by jermyburit » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:21 pm

So I installed SUMLauncher and I currently have the new Overgrowth build(alpha 227) and I installed some maps only to be disappointed that a lot of them have errors and causes the game to crash.

When I installed said maps I /MADE/ sure I installed the dependencies so the maps would function correctly.

One common one I receive is when I attempt to load either Waterfall Cave or River Fights, and it loads all the way with the message "level loaded. initializing game" then crashes with this error: "Could not find path for shader: Data/GLSL/ScrollingAlphaBackAndFourth.vert".

I really want to try out new maps, but even though dependencies are installed I still get texture errors as well for other maps.

Any advice would be lovely. :?

jermyburit

Re: SUMLauncher Issues

Post by jermyburit » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:23 pm

BTW I checked inside the folder /Data/GLSL and ScrollingAlphaBackAndFourth.vert is not present. Obviously that's the issue, but I'd be certain SUMLauncher installed that when I chose to install all of the necessary dependencies.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:03 pm

This is probably actually related to the way that Mods work, you need to make sure that the River Fight mod is turned on. I actually can't do that on my computer, because the Mod menu isn't currently loading for me.

The files you are looking for should be located in Data/Mods/water_fight/Data/GLSL/
You can try moving those files into the normal GLSL file to see if you can bypass the Mod version of that map, and everything might load like normal.

mrtehnoms

Post by mrtehnoms » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:39 pm

I went and looked in this directory and copied that data folder and the mod.xml to the same level as my Overgrowth Data folder. So, those files got moved to the correct place, and the mod.xml is on top of the Overgrowth folder. I get weird runtime errors, it seems, when I try to run the river fight level. Is all that you did to get this to work was move those shader files?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:46 am

mrtehnoms wrote:I went and looked in this directory and copied that data folder and the mod.xml to the same level as my Overgrowth Data folder. So, those files got moved to the correct place, and the mod.xml is on top of the Overgrowth folder. I get weird runtime errors, it seems, when I try to run the river fight level. Is all that you did to get this to work was move those shader files?
So, you should not have moved anything except for the files in Data/Mods/water_fight/Data/GLSL into Data/GLSL.
Also, you probably need to turn on the mod, by opening the mod menu in Overgrowth, and making sure that Water Fight is enabled. You probably then need to restart.
I was having issues with the mod menu working, because they are re-doing the UI in the game, and I wasn't able to turn on that mod. Most likely, Markuss needs to release a proper update to his mod before anything with his shaders will work.