Cave Arena Map Without Gladiator Mode

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
bikerdude25

Cave Arena Map Without Gladiator Mode

Post by bikerdude25 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:26 pm

The Cave Arena map is really incredible and i would love to create a mission using it but there is the arena mode in the way and i have no idea how to remove it. Any suggestion on how to remove the arena mode entirely?

merlyn

Re: Cave Arena Map Without Gladiator Mode

Post by merlyn » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:02 am

I believe you can just remove the arena hotspot. It is hovering in the center of the arena. You probably also will want to delete the arena spawn points (the ones with the swords on them). Once you've deleted these, save and reload the level so that the arena script doesn't continue with the temporary spawn points that get created due to the arena spawn points.

If you have trouble selecting single items, use the scroll wheel while the mouse is overing over an item to switch your selection. If you accidentally select the wrong thing (you can tell possibly by the name that shows up, or by the fact that the item you just double clicked doesn't look highlighted), then you can hit the "Q" key to deselect everything.

If it is simpler and you're used to hacking files, you could also make a copy of the cave arena's XML file, and simply remove the arena spawn points and arena hotspot from that xml, then load the file after you've saved the changes.