New Gametype Idea

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Korpor4l

New Gametype Idea

Post by Korpor4l » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:31 am

Hello, I sent this to the team already, but I thought I would share here to see what people have to think about it. I had an idea for a gamemode that I feel may work particularly well with Overgrowth due to its combat, maps, and what is already in the game, and something that would add a lot of replayability I feel. It could be something that can be single-player, but it could also potentially be multi-player.

The mode in mind is inspired to this certain gamemode that is found on Soul Calibur III called Chronicles of the Sword: https://youtu.be/tdIHujhvRfU?t=131

Basically, there would be an over-map, with a sort of simple RTS thing, with 1v1 players (or enemy cpu) each with their own keep, home village, or whatever key place they need to defend. Between the two main places would be several points such as camps, sentry towers, resources, or important locales and lands. Each locale is connected by a linear path for the troops to traverse. Both teams would have their own hero, while they also may chose several different troops (perhaps with a simple resource system, or finding gear in the world as each player progresses). When two player's troops or heroes meet, depending on how many are grouped up, it will then go to the battle map, where they would fight like they would in the arena mode that already exists (with the player controlling their hero or a random/chosen troop). Players may chose between capturing camps to bolster their defense, capture resources to build their army, or go for a full attack. There could potentially be several different objectives, such as killing the enemy hero or raiding the enemy's hold or main village (killing their family, capturing the keep, etc). Of course, the gaps could be filled in depending on which direction developers wish to take.