ITS HAPPENING

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Thomason1005

ITS HAPPENING

Post by Thomason1005 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: ITS HAPPENING

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:19 pm

PRAISE BE TO RABBIT JESUS

Swordarm

Post by Swordarm » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:27 am

Question is what that really means...

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

IT REALLY IS HAPPENING?!

Post by halzoid » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:08 am

Wait....

WHAT?!

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:52 am

New big announcement.

Time to take a break from YouTube comments sections and the Steam forums again to keep my sanity intact.

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:51 am

Swordarm wrote:Question is what that really means...
well the meaning was once that all features are implemented and only bugfixes and content will be added, but early access titles and other indie games created a quite significant inflation in the meaning of 'beta', so there is no real answer to the question what the actual effect on the developement of the game is. david has mentioned a long time ago in an OG weekly video that he'll call it beta as soon as there is a justifyable amount of gameplay content, which seems to be the case considering the implementation and release of the lugaru campaign. But i hope that they will not completely shift over to content-only developement, as i think the game still needs some major feature additions. nevertheless i think in comparison to other early access titles, the shift from alpha to beta is justified and it is a good point in time to do such a thing.

ThatShadowWolf

Post by ThatShadowWolf » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:51 pm

And the Lugaru campaign is freaking hard as f*ck. Being 4 teamed by 2 people with knives and a dude with a pole staff and no slow-mo is too difficult.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:41 pm

ThatShadowWolf wrote:And the Lugaru campaign is freaking hard as f*ck. Being 4 teamed by 2 people with knives and a dude with a pole staff and no slow-mo is too difficult.
We will take your feedback to heart. That is a pretty high bar in the Lugaru campaign.

Other players have gotten through the "Jack's camp" level by taking enemies down one by one, using stealth. Still takes a lot of practice to get right, though.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Having just tried the game (Last I played was a looong time ago), it doesn't like my old ass potato rig, which means I probably won't be playing Overgrowth for a while until I upgrade (Which could be a while).

Godspeed you magnificent bastards, may Rabbit Jesus be with you.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:46 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Having just tried the game (Last I played was a looong time ago), it doesn't like my old ass potato rig, which means I probably won't be playing Overgrowth for a while until I upgrade (Which could be a while).

There are some perf bugs. GPU Skinning seems to be a bane of many a computer right now...

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:38 am

WOAH HOLD UP
I only just heard about this today.

Much excite!

Hey.
Hey guys. Wolfire guys.
Congratulations on this milestone!

2017 is looking gooood.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:33 pm

merlyn wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Having just tried the game (Last I played was a looong time ago), it doesn't like my old ass potato rig, which means I probably won't be playing Overgrowth for a while until I upgrade (Which could be a while).

There are some perf bugs. GPU Skinning seems to be a bane of many a computer right now...
Well I'm running this on a potato, I'm personally just happy it doesn't crash the moment anything more complicated than the main menu loads up. It runs, just not very well (or in a playable state).