Using PS4 Controllers in Overgrowth (DS4 Tool)

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Duckington

Using PS4 Controllers in Overgrowth (DS4 Tool)

Post by Duckington » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:28 pm

I frequently use the DS4 Tool to emulate a PS4 Controller as an Xbox Controller during game on the PC if I don't feel like using a mouse and keyboard or for multiplayer games.

When trying to play Overgrowth I had a slew of problems getting the controller to work, especially when attempting to play Splitscreen. When playing with multiple characters, either the controllers would control the wrong rabbit or no rabbits at all. Here's how I fixed it.

Start by downloading the DS4 Tool.
Connect your DS4 Controllers to your pc (Hold Share and PS Button till it begins flashing and you can add it wireless via bluetooth :D )
Open up DS4 Tool and hit 'start'
Check in your Devices and Printers and you should see both a generic controller and xbox controller registered.

This is where the problem starts. Overgrowth by default assigns any controller (even generic) to player 2, then the latter controllers to player 1. Because the PC registers a DS4 as both a generic and an xbox simultaneously, you run into issues. To fix this, in DS4, go to the 'Settings' tab and make sure 'Hide DS4' is checked.

This will make your computer only recognize the xbox portion of the controllers while in game.

Needless to say, this frustrated me for 3 days and I am glad it is such a simple fix. I hope this helps!

Coop On My Friends! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Silverfish

Re: Using PS4 Controllers in Overgrowth (DS4 Tool)

Post by Silverfish » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:08 am

Overgrowth has native support for PS4 controllers. Does it not work for you to just connect and use a PS4 controller without using DS4 Tool?