Visual freezing on laptop

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
vebesmasher

Visual freezing on laptop

Post by vebesmasher » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:10 am

I'm trying to play Overgrowth on my laptop, but when a level loads, the game renders and runs fine for around a second before freezing.
In most cases, once I Ctrl+Alt+Del out, and the game loses focus, it continues playing, and I can hear the attacks and such of the enemies in the arena. At one point when attempting to go back to the game, there was only a black screen, but I could hear my inputs being registered.
Anyone know why this might be?
I've attached the log file and hardware report.
All help is appreciated.
Attachments
logfile.txt
(426.29 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
hwreport.txt
(7.43 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

EPR89

Re: Visual freezing on laptop

Post by EPR89 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Does your laptop have a second graphics card? Might be worth going into your driver settings to change the default one used for Overgrowth. For me, by default the system wouldn't use the dedicated GPU until I manually changed the setting.

vebesmasher

Post by vebesmasher » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:33 am

My laptop only has integrated graphics, but overgrowth does run at upwards of 30 fps for the short time it runs, so I'm not sure that the issue is caused by that. Especially seeing as my old laptop could have it run at less than ten without freezing.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:58 pm

We've had some problems on Intel cards on Windows, and we're seeing if we can resolve some of them right now. It's possible that it might be a driver bug, in which case we couldn't actually fix it ourselves...

You could try updating your GPU driver and see if that helps. Also, lower texture detail as low as it goes, turn off reflection capture, turn of GPU skinning, and turn on simple shadows, and maybe you'll have better luck.