Turner - Cat Campagne

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Wilcon92

Turner - Cat Campagne

Post by Wilcon92 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Hello Community!

So this is the first time I started creating a little Campagne.
It is not done yet. There will be at least 4 more maps.
However I thought you might want to test my levels out. Since I am new to this, don't expect too much and have fun :-)

Story:
You are Turner (I know, a new name would have been nice) and you left everything behind to go your own ways of wisdom, freedom and strength. This idea came from Masallus - your Master. He wanted you to become stronger for reasons you don't know yet.
After you heared rumors about cats recruting, you decided to go back to Rabbigton - the village which was once your home. Unfortunately the whole city was abandoned and even some houses were destroyed. You realized that something bad is happening and started to investigate...

:-)

So idk if there is a better way but just put all these maps into your Levels folder and start with Cat1.xml.
The other maps will be in the comment-section since I can only upload 1 file at once.

Please remember to give me some feedback!
Attachments
OV.rar
(378.1 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Last edited by Wilcon92 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wilcon92

Re: Turner - Cat Campagne

Post by Wilcon92 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Last edited by Wilcon92 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wilcon92

Post by Wilcon92 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:52 pm

"The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector."

This comes up when I want to upload level 3.
Can someone help?

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:56 am

Maybe you can zip the level and then upload it?

Wilcon92

Post by Wilcon92 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:17 am

I reuploaded the first 7 maps since I did a little mistake.
I also adjusted some settings.
Last edited by Wilcon92 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wilcon92

Post by Wilcon92 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:35 am

BTW:

If you think that my language is lacking variety in the dialogues or if you find some mistakes: pelase tell me! I am from germany and my english is maybe good enough but definetely not top tier.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:48 pm

This campaign was awesome and super long for just 8 levels! (or 7, it seems like level 8 is unfinished)

A very good story and one that doesn't revolve around the death of a family member! It's always a + xD

You have a freakin' incredible grasp of the dialogue editor and some actions happened in scenes that I didn't even know could happen during dialogue, this was a great campaign that deserves downloads
Every level (except 8 at time of writing) had over 4 parts of dialogue sometimes up to around 10+, this was absolutely brilliant. Another thing to add was the perfect difficulty levels, the player wasn't able to die from lucky hits and this definitely kept me playing...

all around perfect campaign!

there were a couple of errors in the writing, but it was understandable and nothing to apologise for, I'm British and don't know a word of German 'cause most of us are arrogant and expect others to learn English for us xD...

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:18 pm

I noticed some problems with music looping, but that could be our game's fault as much as it could be the levels themselves. There's also some hard hangs during some of the dialogs, I am guessing because there are some characters we don't have mapped, and the Mac build isn't very forgiving. I will try out on another computer and poke around in the XML and see if I can figure out what's happening with that.

There's some things I didn't know the game was capable of that are present here, and I work at Wolfire. Well done!

This campaign is awesome :) I had a lot of fun playing it.

Crystalwarrior

Post by Crystalwarrior » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:48 am

First time playing this, and I ran into an issue where challenge level music conflicted with the level.
You forgot to set <Script>challengelevel.as</Script> to <Script></Script> in cat2.xml so no other scripts conflict, otherwise the music turns into a horrible mess.

Wilcon92

Post by Wilcon92 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:08 am

Wow!
Thank you guys, for the feedback!

This is really nice to hear :-) and will definetely keep me going!
The campagne isn't done yet as you realized.
Map 8 is finished right now and is different to all other levels just for the diversity of the campagne.

I will upload the next maps when I have at least 3 more.

About the problems:
I will defintely look into them and I hope I can fix them.
Personally I didn't experience any bugs with sounds or anything, but maybe I can do something.

There's some things I didn't know the game was capable of that are present here, and I work at Wolfire. Well done!
Thanks man :-) This is a really nice compliment!

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Wilcon92 wrote:I will upload the next maps when I have at least 3 more.
Wow, it's not done yet? Nice! Looking forward to the next post :)