Can throw weapons only once

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
merlyn

Re: Can throw weapons only once

Post by merlyn » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 am

Wilcon92 wrote:At 00:10 - 00:30. I was trying both weapons. Dropping and trying again.
At 00:37 it suddently worked.
Follow the instructions that Silverfish posted, that will help a lot. Can you also include the custom map .xml file that you are using, in case there's something strange that only happens in that level?

Majikmon

Post by Majikmon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:00 am

I have a similar problem to this.

The issue I have isn't with limited throws, but with being unable to throw at all, until some point where the player controlled character sees a target farther from the nearest enemy and decides to toss it at them instead. This happens with knives exclusively for me, albeit seemingly randomly throughout the arenas.

It seems to mostly occur at the start of the match, when no moves have been made by the player. The knife/sword/spear will not be thrown at all, until a hit is made by the player or the number of enemies in range changes (including when one dies). Sometimes the knife will never be able to be thrown, while other times the issue resolves over time when the range/enemies/strikes have been changed.

I could post a few videos if I had the software, but even if I did, it would be only as confusing to watch as it is to play with the bug.

Desmond1122

Post by Desmond1122 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:13 am

Wilcon92 wrote:I did a quick testing on a map I created.
I used a Dog Knife, a spear and a greatsword.
For the testing I spawned two enemies.

When facing the first enemy i push Q like a thousand times. A lot of times I only threw the weapon when the enemy fell of the cliff. Then, when attacking the next enemy, everything worked fine.

For me it seemed like I had to do some blocking or anything special to "unlock" the ability to throw the weapon. I cannot really explain this but it hopes it helps a bit.
Hmm, maybe it's not a bug? recent updates changed the weapon throwing a bit, you need to get far away, but not too far away and turn your body towards the enemy you want to hit.
Hope this helps, i really dont know what else to say.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:24 pm

My other guess would be if a mod or another controller is somehow interfering. I'd try these steps and see if you get better results:

1. Back up your custom maps etc that you made
2. Unplug everything but your mouse and keyboard (game controllers, tablets, etc, unplug em)
3. Remove all mods
4. Clear the game cache/write directory (http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_t ... me's_cache)
5. Verify game files integrity (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335) or if you're DRM-free, reinstall