No pause after combat

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Shanghai Kid

No pause after combat

Post by Shanghai Kid » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Cheers from chilly Finland!

I've lurked in the forums since orginal Lugaru, but never posted here before. But now something is bothering me in the recent game updates and I felt that now is the time to make my first post.

What bothers me is the removed pauses after fights. I know it is a rather small thing after all but for me it's really annoying. I like the pauses after fast paced combat and feel that they are important for the gameplay pacing. There is a lot going on during combat and adrenalin is constantly flowing so after a fight I like to draw my breath and explore the aftermath. I'm a big fan of Overgrowth's ragdoll and blood physics (And boy does the blood look good after the pooling update!), so I like to admire the detail in them, and if I'm feeling evil, finish my opponents :twisted:

Now I start to feel a little displeased after a few fights because it just keeps on going and you can't really realise everything awesome in the last fight when you are already in the next, and then in the next and so on. I know there are probably many who like the quick transition to the next fight, so button press to continue would be great for all or an option in the menu to choose. Otherwise you guys have done a great job and congrats for the beta! :)

P.S. Oh, I just realised how awesome a replay system would be :o

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: No pause after combat

Post by halzoid » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:53 pm

do you mean slo-mo or full pause?

cause slo-mo's still a feature (at least in internal_testing)

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Pretty sure he means that during Lugaru and the arena the game immediately loads the next round/level after finishing the last opponent.

Shanghai Kid

Post by Shanghai Kid » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 am

EPR89 wrote:Pretty sure he means that during Lugaru and the arena the game immediately loads the next round/level after finishing the last opponent.
This is what I mean. It just happens way too quickly for me.