OG Campaign

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
comatosephoenix

OG Campaign

Post by comatosephoenix » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:11 pm

So has anyone else found this? I saw it in the nightly a while ago and now its in the latest beta. Its a lot of pretty complete levels just with a lot of placeholder assets.

Not sure how some of these are going to look when they are finished. Just kinda wondering about the lack of discussion on them.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: OG Campaign

Post by halzoid » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:35 am

a lot of the discussions have moved to the Wolfire Discord channel, it's why the forums been looking relatively barren as of late...

It's pretty cool playing through the levels and the placeholder dialogue is incredible xD 'that's dog has a big sword...'

'Turner, I'm angry at you for some reason!'

Desmond1122

Post by Desmond1122 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:19 am

Boss: I have a Spear! I'm going to poke you!
Turner: No.
I died at that one :lol:

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:14 am

I'm kind of surprise the Game is already progressing on the campaign this much, let alone the beta. It's been so long getting to this point I figured there would be more fanfare and a more prolonged development cycle. Isn't there still a complete revamp of character models in the works?

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Peruraptor wrote:I figured there would be more fanfare
What sort of ideas do you have in mind? I'd like more ideas for things that would excite the existing community, but more importantly, things that might catch the attention of people who don't already own the game.
Peruraptor wrote:I'm kind of surprise the Game is already progressing on the campaign this much, let alone the beta. It's been so long getting to this point I figured there would be more fanfare and a more prolonged development cycle ...
This describes where we're at on the project, and might shed some light on this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tfdcm6DOD8

(or if you prefer to read - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L-Q ... 1476679156)
Peruraptor wrote:Isn't there still a complete revamp of character models in the works?
There was a revamp of the character models planned, but we decided not to focus on that. We are doing some work on improved animations right now though.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Interesting, there seems to be a push to get the game finished this year. Has the Arena Campaign also been dropped?

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:51 pm

Peruraptor wrote:Interesting, there seems to be a push to get the game finished this year. Has the Arena Campaign also been dropped?
Yes. We're working on the Lugaru sequel campaign instead.

The arena levels will be available, we're just not putting more effort into that campaign before launch.