Performance

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
breezycryptic

Performance

Post by breezycryptic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:52 pm

:idea:

merlyn

Re: Performance

Post by merlyn » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 am

breezycryptic wrote::idea:
If you're trying to report a performance problem - Which specific levels, what build of the game, and what are your computer's specs?

breezycryptic

Post by breezycryptic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:26 pm

merlyn wrote:
If you're trying to report a performance problem - Which specific levels, what build of the game, and what are your computer's specs?
|| My computer Specs are: AMD Quad-Core A10-8700P APU || 8GB || 1TB Hardrive || Build: Beta Access 2 || No just a question, what causes most of the lag? When I go into the stucco Courtyard arena, I get tremendous lag, Is it because of background features and details?

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:17 pm

breezycryptic wrote:
merlyn wrote:
|| My computer Specs are: AMD Quad-Core A10-8700P APU || 8GB || 1TB Hardrive || Build: Beta Access 2 || No just a question, what causes most of the lag? When I go into the stucco Courtyard arena, I get tremendous lag, Is it because of background features and details?
What GPU?

Did you try tweaking the graphics settings? If not, try messing with them some more and tuning the game to your computer. Turn everything down/off, then slowly enable one feature at a time until you figure out what things are causing the most slow down.

GPU Skinning we have found to cause tremendous framerate drops on some machines. You could try disabling it and seeing if that helps. Also, if you have enabled the "example_tcp_mod", then disable it cause it also causes frequent and repetitive hangs.