This game moves way too fast.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
NOYZBOT

This game moves way too fast.

Post by NOYZBOT » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:20 am

I feel that I need to air my grievances.

The combat is way too fast. I cannot react at all to what's happening, the jump makes me go FLYING across the arena, and basically no matter what I do, the AI can react faster than I and everything feels more like luck than strategy.

I am a brand new player (started today) and I feel these are off-putting to someone completely unfamiliar with the play style.

Is there anything I can do? Or is it something that should just be taken into consideration?

Gyrth

Re: This game moves way too fast.

Post by Gyrth » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:32 am

A difficulty setting is being implemented at the moment. So it should be easier for new players in the future.
(Even though I don't agree with that.)

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:19 am

You know, back in my day we didn't have this here difficulty setting. We had to learn the hard way through blood, sweat and tears, mostly blood...

I don't think Og's ever going to be truly easy, but who knows, maybe another invincibility mod'll come out. It's all about practice, listen out for audio cue's, they signal you to block, try not to jump too much unless you know you'll nail a leg cannon. also, try not to get surrounded... not good when you get ganged up on.

NOYZBOT

Post by NOYZBOT » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:01 am

halzoid wrote: listen out for audio cue's, they signal you to block
what if, for instance, I can't hear? do you think there will be any visual cues?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:48 am

they attack

Aim to block just before they hit, the quicker the attack (by moving closer and staying still) the less time to block is given, so they require quicker reactions
It's tough...