A few things missing from Beta 3?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jimmysoningman

A few things missing from Beta 3?

Post by Jimmysoningman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:43 pm

I just downloaded Beta 3 yesterday and I've noticed a few things either aren't working on my computer or are just missing altogether from the build. These things would include arena and the ability to save individual items through the editor. The arena, for me at least, loads up just fine but does not begin an arena sequence. It just drops Turner down into the arena with nothing to do besides wonder why he isn't disemboweling others or getting disemboweled himself. I've also found a lack of an option to save an edited item as its own file in the level editor. Are there any fixes for either of these? I'm running Overgrowth Beta 3 on macOS Sierra.

Thanks.

merlyn

Re: A few things missing from Beta 3?

Post by merlyn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Jimmysoningman wrote:The arena, for me at least, loads up just fine but does not begin an arena sequence. It just drops Turner down into the arena with nothing to do besides wonder why he isn't disemboweling others or getting disemboweled himself.
We know about the broken arena and vs mode and are working on fixing it.
Jimmysoningman wrote:I've also found a lack of an option to save an edited item as its own file in the level editor.
Edit -> Save Prefab

Jimmysoningman

Post by Jimmysoningman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Ah, thanks for the brisk reply. Just one more thing, where does the save prefab tool save to?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 am

Wherever you choose, if it's still the same as before. It's like a save as.

Jimmysoningman

Post by Jimmysoningman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:03 pm

Really? Selecting the item I wish to save and clicking that doesn't bring up any kind of 'save as' type window. Nothing really happens at all when I do that.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Jimmysoningman wrote:Really? Selecting the item I wish to save and clicking that doesn't bring up any kind of 'save as' type window. Nothing really happens at all when I do that.
Try putting the game in windowed mode first. The file select dialog pops open a new window, and if you're full screen, your OS might not switch to it (if it is behaving poorly).

Jimmysoningman

Post by Jimmysoningman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Still nothing. Any other ideas?