*What animal will you play as or love to see implemented?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Glabbit

Re: *What animal will you play as or love to see implemented

Post by Glabbit » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:41 am

ChampionKnifeFighter wrote:
Derakon wrote:William, I mean no offense, but please use proper grammar. Many people in the world equate bad grammar with low intelligence, and thus refuse to read text that isn't written well, assuming that the person who made that text cannot possibly have anything interesting to say. Regardless of whether or not this is a reasonable assumption, it is definitely common, so if you want people to read what you have to say, you're best off writing it as well as you can.
Many people equate Grammar Nazis to total unlikable A-holes. :roll:
Many people are also wrong.

Grammar Nazis *can* be unlikable assholes, yes, but that's a trait the individual would have whether they're grammar naziing or not.
If you take the standpoint that one is an unlikeable asshole just because he's helpfully pointing out grammatical errors, then you are taking quite a large step towards being an unlikable asshole yourself.

Just keep an open mind, would you?

Re: WHAT RACE DO U WANT TO BE? or c be implemented into the

Post by 6673764 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Ltp0wer wrote:
vvi77iam wrote:being a beaver with knife like teeth and a big waffle tail would destroy but the thing is, there may not even be water placed into the game, and without water there are no fish, and without fish or water, theres no need or possible way to build a dam. u could still make walls of wood though if u want, or even make bunkers! yea think of it, log walls with sharpened logs sticking out from it.
Hmm. That leads to an interesting question.

Will animals with natural weapons be able to use them as such in Overgrowth?

I suppose the wolves' claws in Lugaru acted as blades, but will this be same for the cats in overgrowth? What about adding the ability to use teeth in a fight. Kind of like in Lugaru, if you have a knife and crouch near someone's body, you can stab them and finish them, but instead, it would give wolves, and other animals notorious for biting the ability to sick their fangs into your neck to finish you off. Although, that would possibly be a bit too animal like, as I feel that the animals in Lugaru were far too intelligent to use the barbaric techniques of their previous forms.

There is a lot to think about, and ultimately, no matter what happens, I am sure I will be surprised.
Remember, it's still in alpha. I think I remember them saying in a video that more advanced combat with weapons will later me implemented.

peirce

Post by peirce » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 am

I would love to play as a bear, please make a bear

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:44 am

Andrige is working on one. I believe he is trying to get it much more polished before releasing the mod.

selimoy

Post by selimoy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:49 am

bear
platypus/otter
armadillo
frog
croc
primates
zebra
owl
racoon
vulture
coyote (light wolf)
pig
deer
cow
lizard
elephant

BIG DREAMS

peirce

Post by peirce » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:08 am

and leamurs, leamurs would be awesome

TheGamerSK

Post by TheGamerSK » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 am

:) im new :) registerd today :) so the animals? something as..... a horse or zebra.... something with hoofs (or how its called im from slovakia so sorry for my grammar :wink: ) a pig would be awesome :) + something flieng like a bat or so :) rat , frog , lizard pig, some monkeys than a kangaroo would be cool, horse, Elephant, Bear, Bizon (that would be really cool :wink: )

the animals could be sorted like -
Light
Medium
Heavy

TheGamerSK

Post by TheGamerSK » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 am

O and a mantis would be cool too :)

RedstoneDisc

Post by RedstoneDisc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:45 am

To be honest, I'd love to see birds and birds of prey added for both esthetically pleasing maps and terrain and a possible enemy that can attack from above, however, to kill them effectively, you must sacrifice your weapon by throwing it, or using a bow and arrow (If it will be implemented)

Raven16

Re: WHAT RACE DO U WANT TO BE? or c be implemented into the

Post by Raven16 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:31 am

Striker21 wrote:It's funny how we're all sticking to mammals. What about snakes or lizards? Even as a minor race, it'd be pretty cool.
I agree with Striker21. Reptiles would be awesome.

Raven16

Post by Raven16 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 am

I want to say raven but i saw birds flying in Lugaru so I think that counts them out. :(

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Raven16 wrote:I want to say raven but i saw birds flying in Lugaru so I think that counts them out. :(
there's a Raven/crow already...

Lightdevil166

Post by Lightdevil166 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:59 pm

I would really love a lizard like the Argonians from Skyrim^^

filbofaggins

Post by filbofaggins » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Just a few ideas...

Firstly, I was thinking that the implementation of larger cats would be interesting; like Cougars and Lynx as minor races. Cougars are to cats like what wolves are to dogs. Also, coyotes, black/gray squirrels and red squirrels are always a good option for random solitary enemies or traitorous NPCs to find in-game. Considering the lore and style of the game is influenced largely by Asian culture, Red Pandas might fit in quite well.

Secondly, it'd be interesting to implement a rideable species for the existing races to ride into battle; perhaps elk, reindeer, white-tailed/mule deer (with an increase in size of course)? Perhaps giant turtles used by Dog Clans as siege engines?

It seems the developers are sticking primarily to more northern species than anything... so no armadillo-people. Sad.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:48 pm

filbofaggins wrote:It seems the developers are sticking primarily to more northern species than anything... so no armadillo-people. Sad.
Probably because Lugaru is just up north, it seems.