*What animal will you play as or love to see implemented?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
vvi77iam

*What animal will you play as or love to see implemented?

Post by vvi77iam » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:00 pm

*Edited

Personally, I really want to play as a wolf sized Big Horn Mountain Goat, or at least some animal with horns. The likely hood of a goat being playable in game is slim at best so my second choice would be the black panther as featured in the concept art, yet it is also likely the panther will not be implemented into the game either. Out of the current playable races including the rat, my preference is with the rabbits in the end.

With my opinions in place, let's hear from you. What animals and/or species would you guys wish to play as in the full game?
Last edited by vvi77iam on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrav

Re: WHAT RACE DO U WANT TO BE? or c be implemented into the game

Post by Vrav » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:46 pm

I love mountain goats, with their spiral horns and shag. I would totally mod that in. Personally, I'd like to add frogs and toads as well, despite their not being mammals. Badgers are next on my list, as well as bears... oooh, and pygmy, like... aye-ayes. Swarms of them.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:48 pm

raccoons, Bears, boars.

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:01 pm

BEARS YES! raccoon also sounds pretty ninja like

Derakon

Post by Derakon » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:07 pm

William, I mean no offense, but please use proper grammar. Many people in the world equate bad grammar with low intelligence, and thus refuse to read text that isn't written well, assuming that the person who made that text cannot possibly have anything interesting to say. Regardless of whether or not this is a reasonable assumption, it is definitely common, so if you want people to read what you have to say, you're best off writing it as well as you can.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:20 pm

I believe wi77iam is a rather old member so I read what he says, course I read everything. I don't see too much wrong with his grammar and spelling, 'specially compared to colicedus'

Ltp0wer

Post by Ltp0wer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:25 pm

Derakon wrote:William, I mean no offense, but please use proper grammar. Many people in the world equate bad grammar with low intelligence, and thus refuse to read text that isn't written well, assuming that the person who made that text cannot possibly have anything interesting to say. Regardless of whether or not this is a reasonable assumption, it is definitely common, so if you want people to read what you have to say, you're best off writing it as well as you can.
Get off your High Horse.

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:28 pm

thranks a-rot pal. i be shoe to tip car-vektly and such. now then u gonna post related to the topic or just draw the attention away from the game and start an english class with this thread?

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:30 pm

thanks for the back up guys.

Vrav

Post by Vrav » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:34 pm

For the record, I'd rather you wrote normally. But I can't change what you do, so there's no use really saying anything about it. Besides, people are hellishly defensive about being told on grammar and spelling and word usage over the internet - it's just not worth it, anymore.

As a wise race knowing how to read and write the ancient prophecies, moles are an option.

marmorek

Post by marmorek » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:45 pm

Since I'm Canadian, I'd have to say beaver. That'd be awesome. :)

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:57 pm

thats cool Vrav. the thing about grammar and phonics for me is that i really dident understand it and because of that i dident care to. so i walk through life being called stupid and i really dont care now since i did not care then when ppl call me retarded.

being a beaver with knife like teeth and a big waffle tail would destroy but the thing is, there may not even be water placed into the game, and without water there are no fish, and without fish or water, theres no need or possible way to build a dam. u could still make walls of wood though if u want, or even make bunkers! yea think of it, log walls with sharpened logs sticking out from it.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:16 pm

Ferrets, or weasels would be insanely awesome.

vvi77iam

Post by vvi77iam » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:33 pm

i forgot i would also much indeed LOVE to c some bald eagles, hawks, you no, all those bird species having ninja 'dog' fights. it would also be crazy if, well think of it like this; ur a rabbit like turner walking along a road in some tree engulfed area going from one town to another and out of no where a bird player swoops out of no where down on u and u Dodge its attack and as its flying back up u chase it jumping and climbing up all these trees following it as its now trying to evade u and as soon as it finally pops out of the vegetation into the open area u flip out of the trees directly after it flipping towards ur new enemy and within a flip u let go a knife that shoots directly into the birds wing. now as u both start to fall, ... another bird picks u out of the air carries u for a while then drops u off a cliff. (i was the bird that just killed u by the way) being that every animal in the game is bipedal y not just give the bird characters arms 2 so they can fight hand to hand.

Ltp0wer

Post by Ltp0wer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:28 pm

vvi77iam wrote:being a beaver with knife like teeth and a big waffle tail would destroy but the thing is, there may not even be water placed into the game, and without water there are no fish, and without fish or water, theres no need or possible way to build a dam. u could still make walls of wood though if u want, or even make bunkers! yea think of it, log walls with sharpened logs sticking out from it.
Hmm. That leads to an interesting question.

Will animals with natural weapons be able to use them as such in Overgrowth?

I suppose the wolves' claws in Lugaru acted as blades, but will this be same for the cats in overgrowth? What about adding the ability to use teeth in a fight. Kind of like in Lugaru, if you have a knife and crouch near someone's body, you can stab them and finish them, but instead, it would give wolves, and other animals notorious for biting the ability to sick their fangs into your neck to finish you off. Although, that would possibly be a bit too animal like, as I feel that the animals in Lugaru were far too intelligent to use the barbaric techniques of their previous forms.

There is a lot to think about, and ultimately, no matter what happens, I am sure I will be surprised.