Split-screen Issues

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Shawgydog

Split-screen Issues

Post by Shawgydog » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:43 pm

When I play the game with a friend or three on a level with water, all of the screens are projected onto the water and cut out their surroundings. Water is the only thing I have noticed this with. Does anyone have any idea why it does this or how to stop it from doing this?
Attachments
This is what I mean by cutting out their surroundings.
This is what I mean by cutting out their surroundings.

merlyn

Re: Split-screen Issues

Post by merlyn » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:16 pm

It's a bug. I don't think you can do anything to fix it besides removing water from your maps. We will fix this eventually, but it is not very high on our priority list because we're currently focusing on the single player campaign.

If you are interested in the technical details, this happens due to the fact that it is using screen space reflections, but it is sourcing those reflections from the entire screen instead of just the individual viewport.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:42 am

You can turn off screen space reflections on the water by turning on "Simple Water" under Settings -> Debug -> Graphics -> Simple Water.

You need to be in the editor to access the debug settings, so if you only get the pause menu when pressing escape while the level is loaded, press F1 to start the editor. Press 8 on the keyboard when you've activated Simple Water to go back to playing.
simple_water.jpg

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Silverfish wrote:You can turn off screen space reflections on the water by turning on "Simple Water" under Settings -> Debug -> Graphics -> Simple Water.

You need to be in the editor to access the debug settings, so if you only get the pause menu when pressing escape while the level is loaded, press F1 to start the editor. Press 8 on the keyboard when you've activated Simple Water to go back to playing.
simple_water.jpg
Excellent, didn't know about that setting :) Thanks!