Dear Imgui Wrapper

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Valtaroth

Dear Imgui Wrapper

Post by Valtaroth » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:52 am

Hi everyone,

I was recently looking into using Dear Imgui with Unity for a personal project like Overgrowth does for its debug menus and was wondering how you are using it? Are you using a native plugin, the open source .NET wrapper or did you write your own wrapper for it?

In case you wrote your own, have you considered making it open source as well in case there is no confidential company internal code involved?

Sorry if this is the wrong channel to ask this and of course I absolutely understand if you do not want to disclose this kind of information.

Cheers,
Valtaroth

merlyn

Re: Dear Imgui Wrapper

Post by merlyn » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:07 pm

Overgrowth is C++, so we just used it raw.

My personal opinion is that I'm not sure if there's a huge benefit to using Dear ImGui in a full blown engine that has a built-in GUI system like Unity, but I haven't used their UI stuff much. Maybe it has a steeper learning curve.

Valtaroth

Post by Valtaroth » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Thank you very much for your reply and sorry for my misconception. That is of course the easiest solution. :)

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Valtaroth wrote:Thank you very much for your reply and sorry for my misconception. That is of course the easiest solution. :)
No apologies necessary! Just hope to be a help :)