Preordered forever ago, how do I download full game?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
myfaceisblue

Preordered forever ago, how do I download full game?

Post by myfaceisblue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Hey all,

It's been many *many* years since I preordered overgrowth, but I noticed the game is finally out because I'm still subscribed to the Youtube channel after all this time! I still had my preorder key in my room at my parents' house lol so I can access this forum. However, I don't see a way to actually get the game. I'd prefer to do it through Steam, but whatever works I'll be happy with. What can I do to get the full game?

I also had preordered for a mac, but have a PC now. Does this matter?

Thank everyone, can't wait to play Overgrowth!!

Kikoshi

Re: Preordered forever ago, how do I download full game?

Post by Kikoshi » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:56 pm

Same here, I'd love to find out.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:02 am

You can download it from your Humble Bundle account.

If you have trouble retrieving your account details, please email your order number and old email, or whatever else you know, to [email protected] and they should be able to help you out.

If you got it before Humble Bundle, my understanding is that it was automatically routed to a Humble Bundle account.

We don't care what platform you had before. All people who purchase on PC get the game on all three PC platforms.

Zangelin

Post by Zangelin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 am

Same problem! There was no humble bundle when I pre ordered, it was like back in 2011. Only place I had an account was right here.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Zangelin wrote:Same problem! There was no humble bundle when I pre ordered, it was like back in 2011. Only place I had an account was right here.
Email [email protected] with your contact details you used to purchase the game.

SamW

Post by SamW » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:54 pm

REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU BOUGHT IT BEFORE purchases should be available to claim on humble bundle with your original e-mail address
It may be possible (if you have access to your original email account), You can create a humble bundle account using the same email you used to buy the game (and verify your email). Then you can use the Humble Bundle's purchase re-claimer under the purchases tab on account details to obtain your key. https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en- ... ft#Library

Basically they have set up a purchase 'page' on humble bundle for everyone who has ever bought this game using whatever email they original submitted. The humble bundle's purchase re-claimer will allow you to attach any purchase page with matching emails to your Humble Bundle account.. Once the page is attached, you can view it and view your steam keys.

If you don't want to register a Humble Bundle account but still have access to your original email, you can try the key re sender which should send you a link to your purchase page so you can access it without needing an account. https://www.humblebundle.com/resender

If you still have your original purchase email, it looks like the purchase link (http://www.wolfire.com/spf/******) will now redirect you directly to the humble purchase page for your copy of overgrowth.
Last edited by SamW on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarra

Post by Sarra » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:54 pm

SamW wrote:It may be possible (if you have access to your original email account), You can create a humble bundle account using the same email you used to guy the game (and verify your email). Then you can use the Humble Bundle's purchase re-claimer under the purchases tab on account details to obtain your key. https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en- ... ft#Library

Basically they have set up a purchase 'page' on humble bundle for everyone who has ever bought this game using whatever email they original submitted. The humble bundle's purchase re-claimer will allow you to attach any purchase page with matching emails to your Humble Bundle account.. Once the page is attached, you can view it and view your steam keys.

If you don't want to register a Humble Bundle account but still have access to your original email, you can try the key re sender which should send you a link to your purchase page so you can access it without needing an account. https://www.humblebundle.com/resender

If you still have your original purchase email, it looks like the purchase link (http://www.wolfire.com/spf/******) will now redirect you directly to the humble purchase page for your copy of overgrowth.
This is all really helpful for people who used humblebundle.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as the OP, and bought this before hand.

Is there seriously no way for us who bought and verified out accounts long ago to download this game, unless we used huble bundle?

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:20 am

Sarra wrote:Is there seriously no way for us who bought and verified out accounts long ago to download this game, unless we used huble bundle?
Your answer lies two posts up. :)
merlyn wrote:Email [email protected] with your contact details you used to purchase the game.

SamW

Post by SamW » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Sarra wrote:
This is all really helpful for people who used humblebundle.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as the OP, and bought this before hand.

Is there seriously no way for us who bought and verified out accounts long ago to download this game, unless we used huble bundle?
My suggestions still stand, even if you bought it before humble bundle, because, your purchases have been migrated to humble bundle, as long as you know and have access to your original email address.

Advance123

Post by Advance123 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:10 pm

I hate to necro a thread, but I'm in a similarly bad ways here. I don't have access to the email used to preorder, as it wasn't mine to begin with and the person who it belonged to is now senile.

Anything I can do? Just gotta re-purchase it?

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:10 am

Email [email protected] and see if the information you have is enough. That's all you can do.