lunar shrine: Who are the Lunar?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Chainsaw man

lunar shrine: Who are the Lunar?

Post by Chainsaw man » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:58 am

Well, I belive once apone a time I asked "What did the Lugaru rabbits worship?" Well I got a name, lunar. If you dont mind me asking Dev team, who are they?

The Name Lunar segests they worship the Moon, are some group of Pagan or a Druidic order.

nutcracker

Re: lunar shrine: Who are the Lunar?

Post by nutcracker » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:27 pm

nice

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Sometimes, a shrine is just a shrine. Even if it happens to be a shrine dedicated to the moon.In case you aren't familiar with the word lunar, here's how google defines it: of or relating to or associated with the moon; "lunar surface"; "lunar module". "Lunar shrine" doesn't suggest anything but a temple of the moon to me, with no hint of "lunarites".

If I'm missing something and they are indeed a group of people, well, it is a silly name. Would they be a group of lunatics left to die in the wilderness or a culture of female bunnies all named "Luna"? Would their friends call them loonies? :lol:

Sorry for not taking this seriously.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Lunar Shrine = Shrine to the Moon

A shrine where people worship the moon.

It seems pretty clear to me. Even if the religion is not based around the moon, the shrine is obviously dedicated to the moon.

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:34 pm

*Makes secret hand gesture. Receives no response.*

The Lunarites are a myth. They aren't a real secret society based on this guy at all. We certainly aren't planning anything.

I suggest you forget all about them.

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:16 am

It is a shrine to the moon for sure. If it has it's own order of priests/priestesses then it's probably a full blown religion, how big said religion is is endlessly debatable until we hear word from them dudes on high. A by that I mean the wolfire guys.

Interesting note though, their is a pair of eyes carved on the wall between the depictions of the moon and stars. Looks like it symbolizes an owl, so maybe they think of owls as holy, or magical? Hell, their sect leader might be an owl. Just something I noticed then hopelessly obsessed over.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:23 am

Ok, we now know that the Rabbit race worship the Moon, and they worship Chainsaws/Human Engineering.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Endoperez wrote:here's how google defines it: of or relating to or associated with the moon; "lunar surface"; "lunar module". "Lunar shrine" doesn't suggest anything but a temple of the moon to me, with no hint of "lunarites".
Or... maybe it's a shrine... ON the moon!

OG takes place on the moon long after humans inhabited it and totally fucked up and killed themselves off, leaving their freakish genetic experiments behind to rule!

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:06 am

hahah awesome, that would explain the insane jumps.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:44 am

Although it explaines allot, its more plausable if you can physicly say that out your anus. :lol: :P
There so needs to be a refferance to that Vidio posted. Maybe if Turner Crouchs before an altar with Incence burning around it, and uses the Smell key he can look up at the moon, where a face randomly apears and says some very important infomation first time (where to obtanine a chainsaw for instance) the next time you do it, it'll say some humorus stuff.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:03 am

I don't think that a smell key was officially decided on though... good thinking though.

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:20 pm

hmm I think it's funny that I just read the blog about the story/no story stuff and then I found this post ...

Anyway, I'd personally love to see some better story plots or themes involved in the game. and now the MOD DB interviewer just asked about the games story ... and David explained that they haven't started to worry about the story because they wanted to finish the Game Elements before the story so they would better know how to model the story to fit into the game.

So, any reading into comments about anything at this point is probably not going to yield any results...

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:38 am

I have a strong feeling that Overgrowth will not explain how humans became extinct, or how these animals came to walk on two legs etc. but will, like mentioned at some other point, include very old remnants of what used to be the human race (the tip of a skyscraper etc.)

They're probably going to focus more on this Turner ordeal.

(That was probably off topic...)

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Ozymandias wrote:I have a strong feeling that Overgrowth will not explain how humans became extinct, or how these animals came to walk on two legs etc. but will, like mentioned at some other point, include very old remnants of what used to be the human race (the tip of a skyscraper etc.)

They're probably going to focus more on this Turner ordeal.

(That was probably off topic...)

ARE Humans extinct? Maybe this is just an alternate dimension? Maybe Humans never existed here.

Bad ass sequel to Lugaru 2 ... Our dimensions merge ... and the human race is forced to defend itself against these brutal ninja animals! I think we need some squirrel grenades!

... or not

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:08 pm

If you can, Make That Mod!