Editor Suggestions. (not just maps)...

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jimmy3280

Editor Suggestions. (not just maps)...

Post by Jimmy3280 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:22 pm

would it be possible at all, in any way, to have some sort of built in "animation" editor? That way, modders could easily and swiftly mod different animations to make them more to their own liking. I believe that this would be extremely helpful to the modding community

Skofo

Re: Editor Suggestions. (not just maps)...

Post by Skofo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:25 pm

I think you subconsciously read the latest alpha post. :wink:

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Heh, that he must have indeed.
Jeff wrote:There is not a whole lot to show this week as Phillip has been hard at work on a lot of under the hood changes necessary for the upcoming animation editor. Combat is on the horizon. :)
Also, an editor suggestions topic is still very much active right now. The Forum is cluttered enough as is, please don't make multiple topics about the same thing =)

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:29 pm

jo-shadow wrote:Heh, that he must have indeed.
Jeff wrote:There is not a whole lot to show this week as Phillip has been hard at work on a lot of under the hood changes necessary for the upcoming animation editor. Combat is on the horizon. :)
Also, an editor suggestions topic is still very much active right now. The Forum is cluttered enough as is, please don't make multiple topics about the same thing =)
That topic is about the -level- editor. This one is not about the level editor so it's not a duplicate =p

In any case, being able to edit animations would be nice... adding a breakdancing animation for fun? =p

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Ozymandias wrote:
jo-shadow wrote:Heh, that he must have indeed.
That topic is about the -level- editor. This one is not about the level editor so it's not a duplicate =p

In any case, being able to edit animations would be nice... adding a breakdancing animation for fun? =p
Pffff, I made the topic, it's about the editor, as in the mode when you're not controlling rabbot, regardless of what you might want to call it.

Not quite sure how you would designate a breakdance editor... As opposed to just adding your own breakdance-like animations in the editor.
Last edited by Johannes on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy3280

Post by Jimmy3280 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:02 pm

wow...didn't see that...thanks!

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:23 pm

jo-shadow wrote:Pffff, I made the topic, it's about the editor, as in the mode when you're not controlling rabbot, regardless of what you might want to call it.

Not quite sure how you would designate a breakdance editor... As opposed to just adding your own breakdance-like animations in the editor.
I dunno, I just said that because the topic is named 'level editor suggestions' not 'editor suggestions' *shrugs*

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Animator editor = kick fuking ass
btw, if you could also input buttons too..

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:38 pm

nutcracker wrote:Animator editor = kick fuking ass
btw, if you could also input buttons too..
Input buttons... You mean manually set hotkeys/keystrokes? If that, then yes, I absolutely agree.
and not just tool buttons, but everything, including modifier keys as well. This would completely eliminate the problems that single button people have, namely mac users, or people complaining that they don't like the default keys for this tool or that.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Actually, mac people have multiple buttons now. All current desktop macs come with a Mighty Mouse (even though it's absolute crap mainly because if your finger is resting on the left side of the mouse, pressing on the right side triggers a left click due to its reliance on trackpad-style touch sensitivity being absolute fail) and the current generation of aluminium MacBooks can be configured to have a RMB click trigger if you press in the lower right (or lower left if you so choose) corner in addition to pressing with two fingers optionally triggering a right click in the same way you would scroll using two fingers on earlier generations of iBook and MacBook.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:35 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:Actually, mac people have multiple buttons now. All current desktop macs come with a Mighty Mouse (even though it's absolute crap mainly because if your finger is resting on the left side of the mouse, pressing on the right side triggers a left click due to its reliance on trackpad-style touch sensitivity being absolute fail) and the current generation of aluminium MacBooks can be configured to have a RMB click trigger if you press in the lower right (or lower left if you so choose) corner in addition to pressing with two fingers optionally triggering a right click in the same way you would scroll using two fingers on earlier generations of iBook and MacBook.
This is no argument for older Mac laptop users. portable is portable, they're not gonna drag around a mouse and even on the newer laptops you can't get both left and right click at the same time with the touchpad, which is what you need for multi-select. Even on the oldest mac you could use control+click for right click, and believe it or not, the only one that ever bothers is pc users, since they're not used to it.

Oddly enough, even -with- a multi button mouse attached, it doesn't work. I have tested this on both mac laptops and desktops, and no, not with the mighty mouse, but a logitech.
I've talked to Philip and it seems there's something buggy in their code.

I agree the mighty mouse sucks, but most mac users that do use an external don't bother with the mighty mouse, but a 3rd party one. you can choose not to buy it when you buy a mac desktop.

Lastly, it's a mute point: Phillip has already confirmed that he will add alternative key combinations for mac users.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:58 am

Wait, what, we're arguing now? Why?

The only return argument I'll bother with is that you spelt "Moot" wrong. :P

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:05 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:Wait, what, we're arguing now? Why?

The only return argument I'll bother with is that you spelt "Moot" wrong. :P
Ah right... not mute...
*Mimes his way out of here*

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Cool = when you animate your own move --> input a button for it -----> choose damage and range --> use

Jimmy3280

Post by Jimmy3280 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:45 pm

I don't mean as complex as that. Just have a group of preset attack animations, with context related actions, with the same basic control scheme as Lugaru. I only mean editing the existing attacks, not inputting new ones and new controls to go with them...