this is what i would like to see in OverGrowth

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Ac30

Re: this is what i would like to see in OverGrowth

Post by Ac30 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:23 am

I couldn't care less if the story in overgrowth is obscure. As long as the action & combat are better than lugaru, I would consider my money well spent.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:47 am

Ac30 wrote:I couldn't care less if the story in overgrowth is obscure. As long as the action & combat are better than lugaru, I would consider my money well spent.
I guess it's a matter of taste. I agree that gameplay is the bone and muscle of a good video game, but story line and characters make up the heart, the soul and occasionally even the brain.
DarkJee wrote:I would like to see too a story based on like... the loss of a loved one... [cool idea for story]
I really like your idea, but the 'Turner loses family' angle has kinda been done before.

It would make a excellent storyline for a mod campaign. Perhaps starring another creature (a cat?) as the player character...?
Richie Rabbit wrote:Id rather see Turner be blood thirsty for revenge madly & psychotically killing everyone on the land...
:| Meh. It's because of people like you that the vast majority of video games possess puddles of meaningless drivel in the space that should be occupied by a story.

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:09 am

It needs a story that can carry the gameplay, and gameplay that can carry the story.

I don't like games where the two are seperated- (Like why the hell are heroes killing all of these criminals in "City of Heroes" instead of just beating them up like normal superheroes? The explanation is that they are knocked out and teleported into jail. Then how the hell do you knock out someone with FIREBALLS TO THE FACE!? Or why don't they just REVIVE dead characters in RPGs!?)

If Turner can run faster than a rat, there should never be a situation where one runs away from him unless it's a super-fast rat or something. If Turner is an awesome fighter, he shouldn't loose to a random mook in the middle of a cutscene.

I'd also prefer if the backstory and cultures of the species is implied rather than explained.

I have no idea what to expect in the main storyline.
Last edited by invertin on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

DarkJee

Post by DarkJee » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 am

Yes but it wouldnt be the same, he lost his loved one, but she wouldnt die first... He would lost it because of him, and kill her himself at the end (Just like Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader with Padme! Star Wars was really sad at this time of the movie)

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:12 am

If you want a good story in overgrowth i can understand that but i rather have the wolfire team focus on gameplay more than the story but like you said "it's a matter of taste."
Zhukov.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Turner uncovered that question from the alpha wolf, and his response was, I choose my people over yours, because anything else would be stupid.

Some players might care about killing wolves (like feeling bad about killing baby wolves), but I don't think any rabbit, including Turner, should feel any sympathy for them. That wouldn't make sense.