Overgrowth Comic Screensaver

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Untadaike

Overgrowth Comic Screensaver

Post by Untadaike » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi everyone, I put together a slideshow-type screensaver out of the awesome Overgrowth Mad Dog comic, created by David & Aubrey. If you missed that blog post, definitely go check it out sometime: Overgrowth Comic Blog Post.

Here it is (right-click, save as): Download

Once the download is complete and you've unzipped the file (open the .zip file), double click the MadDog.slideSaver file to open System Prefs and install it. You probably want to click Options and uncheck Random Order so the story unravels as intended.

At the end, there's a pre-ordering ad and some credits. If you want them removed, just right click(ctrl-click) the MadDog.slideSaver and go to Show Package Contents. Open the Contents folder, then the Resources folder. Go to the bottom and delete the image titled Comic22.jpg. Feel free to replace that pic with one of the same name for your own spin to the end of the Screensaver comic ;)

Edit: No idea if it works on Windows. Sorry. BTW, should I post this outside the Secret Pre-Order Forum?
Comic08.jpg

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Re: Overgrowth Comic Screensaver

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:41 pm

nah, i'm not going to download this cos i just slideshow my pics for a screensaver which does me fine.
a great idea though!
don't post this outside the secret forum is my opinion.
this should have a place in the blog if its as good as i imagine :p
is it JUST that comic, or all the other concept images aswell?

(Y)

Untadaike

Re: Overgrowth Comic Screensaver

Post by Untadaike » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:02 pm

This is just the images from the Mad Dog comic. I will make a second one with concept art. If any soul downloads this one. Actually, I suppose I wouldn't mind soulless people downloading...

Well, it isn't epic at all, I don't even have a screensaver maker program. Just modding Apple's Paper Shadow slidesaver.

I'm not a very good self-advertiser, am I?

It's actually pretty cool to come back to your computer and the screen is filled with this badass combat scene.
Comic07.jpg