Unofficial, alpha 48 weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Unofficial, alpha 48 weekly build

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:45 am

The unofficial, alpha 48 leaked build is here!

A "leaked build" is when John and I literally grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David and Aubrey but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly! Please report bugs in our Trac system!

*NOTE* Please remember that these are unofficial alphas and they do not represent a finished product. They are not even polished builds, just straight up raw development dumps not intended for public consumption.

New in this version: (see blog)

To download the alpha, use one of these two links:

Win: http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/ insert your SPF key here /a48-win.zip
Mac: http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/ insert your SPF key here /a48-mac.zip

If you have forgotten your SPF key, you can retrieve it at your SPF page.

Subscribe to the dev blog!

Note! No PPC, 10.4 Tiger, or Linux support at the moment -- we are waiting on Awesomium for these. AJS says that Linux support is on the horizon, but we cannot make any concrete estimates for it.

m3nace

Re: Unofficial, alpha 48 weekly build

Post by m3nace » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:10 am

nice
downloading

Azminday

Post by Azminday » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:56 am

Hells yea, now i can setup a scene. :lol:

tuck

Post by tuck » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 am

Every time I load a rabbit model and try to place it, the alpha crashes. I'm on a MacBook Pro OS 10.5.8 and as far as I know the only way to access the models is by going to the alpha package contents and moving/copying the file, e.g. IGF_Turner.xml, to another location, and then loading that file from the editor. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is it just me or do other mac users have the same problem?

tekn04

Post by tekn04 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:17 pm

tuck wrote:Every time I load a rabbit model and try to place it, the alpha crashes. I'm on a MacBook Pro OS 10.5.8 and as far as I know the only way to access the models is by going to the alpha package contents and moving/copying the file, e.g. IGF_Turner.xml, to another location, and then loading that file from the editor. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is it just me or do other mac users have the same problem?
The XML would probably load things from the wrong location once you moved it. To use those in the .app, right click->show package contents, and find IGF_Turner.xml. When you want to load him, drag the file into the open file dialog, and it should go to that location.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:37 pm

I can't download it. Mac. What do I have to do? When I click on the Mac link, it gives me this page: Image

tuck

Post by tuck » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:41 pm

tekn04 wrote:The XML would probably load things from the wrong location once you moved it. To use those in the .app, right click->show package contents, and find IGF_Turner.xml. When you want to load him, drag the file into the open file dialog, and it should go to that location.
Thanks for the tip. I just tried that, but it still crashes when I try to place the model in the environment. :?

The Odd One

Post by The Odd One » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Untadaike wrote:I can't download it. Mac. What do I have to do? When I click on the Mac link, it gives me this page: Image
Copy the download link and paste it in note pad or in the address bar,

http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/ insert your SPF key here /a48-win.zip

Then put your SPF key in the in the blank space like so

http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/ /a48-win.zip

http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/lollol ... 48-win.zip

Hope this helps

Nico

Post by Nico » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Actually, in order to download the alpha for Mac you should not use the link ending in /a48-win.zip, but instead use the following:

http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/ insert your SPF key here /a48-mac.zip

Basically, make a new window and paste that link fragment above into your browser. Then, having already copied your SPF key that you can find in your Secret Preorder page (which is linked in the first post), replaced the " insert your SPF key here " in new window's URL. Once you've done this, and you've made sure that there are no spaces between your key and the slashes, hit enter. The alpha should begin to download.

If that doesn't work then you are probably using Internet Explorer. :lol:

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:47 am

Thanks to both. It worked.
Nico wrote:If that doesn't work then you are probably using Internet Explorer. :lol:
God forbid :lol:

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Okaaaayyyy.......

So I started up Alpha 48, and I was messing around with the ribbon bar. I hit the object inspector button, and moved the window that popped up to the side. Then I hit the inspector button again.

My monitor flashed static and colors, then turned black. When I tried to restart my computer, Windows informed me that the computer could not boot, and right now I'm stuck here trying to get it to recover, or at least go to a backup, but nothing's happening.

:cry: Great.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:36 pm

TheBigCheese wrote:Okaaaayyyy.......

So I started up Alpha 48, and I was messing around with the ribbon bar. I hit the object inspector button, and moved the window that popped up to the side. Then I hit the inspector button again.

My monitor flashed static and colors, then turned black. When I tried to restart my computer, Windows informed me that the computer could not boot, and right now I'm stuck here trying to get it to recover, or at least go to a backup, but nothing's happening.

:cry: Great.
That sucks man! WTF!? :(

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:01 pm

I know. It looks like it's my graphics card to blame. I think it overheated, maybe because I was loading RiverHurst.

Luckily, the second monitor port on the graphics card seems to be stable enough to keep the picture, so I just swapped the cable. :D